Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:11 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:45 am 
Emperor
Emperor

‘Tiger, leopard, tapir, gaur, elephant, sambar and barking deer visit a Nikon D90 camera trap…!

A female Indochinese tiger camera trapped near a ‘hot spring’ in the ‘Western Forest Complex’ of Thailand…(image cropped)…!

For some twenty years, I have been visiting a natural seep in the 'Western Forest Complex' of Thailand to photograph wildlife that come for important minerals flowing from a rocky formation. It has been extremely rewarding over the years, and I finally decided to set a DSLR camera trap just above the natural hot springs.

In one frame, this female stepped forward and turned its head because of the flash…!

I knew that tiger and leopard visited this place hunting prey species like muntjac (barking deer), sambar, wild pig and tapir plus other animals such as gaur, banteng and elephant. I chose a trail that is about 4 meters away from the hot spring. I left the cam for almost two months and it was still working when I returned, but flash power had long drained away.

Same female tiger back again 2-weeks later at night…!

A female tiger visited first at night on Feb. 14, 2017. She then came back past the cam three times on Feb. 21, again at night passing the camera several times. Then a leopard came by during the daytime on Feb 26th. Other creatures like sambar, muntjac, tapir, gaur and elephant tripped the camera many times during the two-month soak.

The female once again that night…need to move the cam for future head-on shots…!

And again making for a very good record of her visit to this cam…!

However, most shots are all butt shots. It looks like they have come to the spring and then walked past my camera going up-hill hence mostly rear-end shots.

A male leopard walking past in the morning. Daytime shots of carnivores are rare here…!

I hope to go back here in a week or so where I will be moving the camera with a wide-angle lens for more on-coming shots.

A female tapir in mid-afternoon passing the cam.

Tapir pair with the male on the left…!

I’m also after a black leopard that I have seen here almost twenty years ago and then again recently about two years ago.

]A young female gaur on the way down....

Elephant trunk, tail and legs…! These giants always test my ‘elephant proof’ cameras…!

A scruffy sambar yearling at night…!

I was delighted to get this much wildlife traffic and look forward to future set-ups’ here…!

Tiger Hunter testing his Nikon D90 DSLR camera trap…!

PLEASE NOTE: Recently, an American so-called ‘Wildlife NGO’ stole one of my tiger images, cut my name and copyright off the image and published it on their website without any permission to use said image and credit to me. At this time, I’m not sure what course of action I should take. However because of this, I will now be ‘water marking’ through the subject on all of my images for the future with my name as follows: © L. Bruce Kekulé

I thought that an American NGO would be honest and sincere about © copyright…but that is not the case as proof of theft has been recorded and action is being taken against this NGO and its CEO.

:old

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 am 
Emperor
Emperor

People suck Bruce ! Great pics though and that's a big pistol you are carrying

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:20 am 
Emperor
Emperor

hydiseka wrote:
People suck Bruce ! Great pics though and that's a big pistol you are carrying

Believe me...a big pistol is needed here...primarily as a noise maker...but for protection too...some bad elements around...I actually used my 38 Super several times when I went to set this cam...elephants...one was six meters away and had to scare her..it was close..!! and you are right about bad people...it has really ticked me off...!!

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 am 
Emperor
Emperor

What a great assortment of animals. You did a great job!

Blessings.........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:17 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Very nice pictures Bruce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:59 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Always cool to see megafauna from one of the greatest forests left in Asia. Thanks for sharing Bruce!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 am 
Emperor
Emperor

What a variety.... great spot and setup Bruce. The image theft is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:02 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

You have some remarkable images and I don't blame you one bit. What a great set you have there with plenty of activity.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:56 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Great spot you found -- maybe the butt shots are the critters showing you what they think of having their photos taken (HA, HA!).

Unfortunately, you just can't trust many people and NGO's raising money are no exception. I don't post uncompressed photos anywhere -- the forums and my blog are no exception. I hate to think of how many photos are used without permission of the copyright owner; it may not matter too much to those who don't derive income from their photography, but for those who do it's a real problem.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:43 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks to all that have commented...I've been off for quite awhile with my India trip and then finally getting into the forest to check on my Nikon D90 and a Canon 600D (which did not work)...a sensor issue...when the SSII battery power drops, the cam will trip and fill up the card...!! Gotta check them 3.6v lithiums and make sure they are up......!!

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

All times are