Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:12 am

All times are

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:12 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

tiger hunter wrote:
Thanks to all that have commented...I've been off for quite awhile with my India trip and then finally getting into the forest to check on my Nikon D90 and a Canon 600D (which did not work)...a sensor issue...when the SSII battery power drops, the cam will trip and fill up the card...!! Gotta check them 3.6v lithiums and make sure they are up......!!

:old

I have had that exact same issue develop Bruce. Never realized it and we slowly figured it out as you have just pointed out as well. What I have did is solder in a AAA or a AA battery holder to power the SS11 control board. I now do not use them little batteries at all if I have the room to put in the holders. Some builds I must still use the little batteries due to being a micro build or limited space. I have did this to many of my cams and many of my customers cams with good results thus far. It has resolved the issues that you pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:13 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks for the explanation, Bruce. You had me wondering about the water marks, but now we know. Sue them for infringement of copyright.

You've got a great location and some great photos. Hope you keep working that site.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Great stuff. I want to see more.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:11 am 
Emperor
Emperor

ghosthunters wrote:
tiger hunter wrote:
Thanks to all that have commented...I've been off for quite awhile with my India trip and then finally getting into the forest to check on my Nikon D90 and a Canon 600D (which did not work)...a sensor issue...when the SSII battery power drops, the cam will trip and fill up the card...!! Gotta check them 3.6v lithiums and make sure they are up......!!

I have had that exact same issue develop Bruce. Never realized it and we slowly figured it out as you have just pointed out as well. What I have did is solder in a AAA or a AA battery holder to power the SS11 control board. I now do not use them little batteries at all if I have the room to put in the holders. Some builds I must still use the little batteries due to being a micro build or limited space. I have did this to many of my cams and many of my customers cams with good results thus far. It has resolved the issues that you pointed out.

Thanks for that...in 2016, I took my D3000 to India and it worked fine catching a nice female tiger. I took it again this year but when I got there, all it did was trip without stopping - low-battery voltage. I remembered about low-voltage on the sensor battery but with no spare, I came back empty-handed. Then I get back to Thailand, and find another sensor had taken thousands of shots at night and tripped until the card was full. Now, I know to check the sensor battery before setting any of my cams...it is a real let-down....!! I will also probably go to an AA or AAA battery pack for most builds if I can fit one in the sensor box (mine are all hard-wired external at 10 meters-I like to set the sensor next to the trail where I want it to trip....! Those lithiums are hard to get over here and expensive as heck....!! Thanks again for that reassurance...!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:11 am 
Emperor
Emperor

And to all the guys that have commented...appreciate that...It makes my day...!

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 am 
Royal
Royal

Truly, how amazing it must be to have multiple species of beautifully marked BIG cats, BIG mammals and a variety of ungulates and some, like the Gaur, are really BIG! Your images bring the western forest complex of Thailand to my humble cabin for my viewing enjoyment. Thank you.

Seems there is no limits to how low some folks, NGO's, Orgs can go when using other people's hard earned property. Photos are often poached and we must all remain vigilant.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Kalon wrote:
Truly, how amazing it must be to have multiple species of beautifully marked BIG cats, BIG mammals and a variety of ungulates and some, like the Gaur, are really BIG! Your images bring the western forest complex of Thailand to my humble cabin for my viewing enjoyment. Thank you.

Seems there is no limits to how low some folks, NGO's, Orgs can go when using other people's hard earned property. Photos are often poached and we must all remain vigilant.

Appreciate your comments Kalon...it is my pleasure to share my good fortune with all those on Camtrapper..I'm just lucky to be in the right place, right time, right location and right equipment...More to follow as I'm going back to set my Nikon D700 (full frame) with a 35mm lens next week but for on-coming shots...we'll see...! I'll be setting some other cams around nearby too....Thanks again..!

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

All times are