Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 8:45 am

All times are

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:30 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Hi Friends , I'm a new bee to trapping , I'm currently using yongnou 560 . The batteries don't last more than 6 hrs .

As lot of guys are using a SB-28 , I'm unable to find them in India ,

Can you guys please suggest an alternative / equivalents in Nikon or any other 3rd party which are inexpensive and can do the job for long term deployment

Thank you

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

When I first started camera trapping in the late 90s I used Vivitar 283s powered by car batteries.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:28 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

ArthurV wrote:
When I first started camera trapping in the late 90s I used Vivitar 283s powered by car batteries.

Wow, car batteries? Must have been a lot a weight to lug around. Guess it would've worked for a long time though!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I have a Nikon sb-24. They're a nice affordable flash (I think I got mine for less than $65). I like how it works, but haven't had my trap out for longer than 24hr, so can't give an accurate battery run time. I also have two nikon sb-50dx's. They're super cheap but only have one (full) power setting. I just use diffusers to dampen the light output.

Is there any way you could add more battery power to the flash you have now? I know a lot of people on this forum do that. Hopefully, some of them pitch in to give their advice on that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:17 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

anjani.singamane wrote:
Hi Friends , I'm a new bee to trapping , I'm currently using yongnou 560 . The batteries don't last more than 6 hrs .

Can you guys please suggest an alternative / equivalents in Nikon or any other 3rd party which are inexpensive and can do the job for long term deployment

Thank you

Try typing Yongnuo in the SEARCH tab at the top right of this page and have a read. Be sure that it is spelled as I have typed it.............good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:23 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

west5trapper wrote:
I have a Nikon sb-24. They're a nice affordable flash (I think I got mine for less than $65). I like how it works, but haven't had my trap out for longer than 24hr, so can't give an accurate battery run time. I also have two nikon sb-50dx's. They're super cheap but only have one (full) power setting. I just use diffusers to dampen the light output.

Is there any way you could add more battery power to the flash you have now? I know a lot of people on this forum do that. Hopefully, some of them pitch in to give their advice on that.
Thanks you west :) sb-24 looks good option .. is it running 24hrs with stock Battries ? How is the recycle time on this

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:08 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

westcocanuck2 wrote:
anjani.singamane wrote:

Thank you

Try typing Yongnuo in the SEARCH tab at the top right of this page and have a read. Be sure that it is spelled as I have typed it.............good luck.
Thanks for replying guys

I have read the earlier threads , it's all revolving around , sb-xx and sb-xxx , except for one mention of pixel800 something but not much about performance

Here In India it's difficult to source these used once in numbers when u are looking at multiple deployments with multiple flashes . And to import used ones is big Hassel in terms of time, effort and money

I was thinking about any third party cheap flashes , which can do the job and new ones will cost as much as these Nikon/canon used ones .

Wondering if any one has a success with these third party cheap flashes .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I'm ok with external power but again considering the size of battery , say a Dcell pack or 18650 pack is fine , which can atleast run for 1-2 weeks , carrying bigger batteries is again a big pain with some airlines , and also baggage charges for each flight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Here is more flash info for you. viewtopic.php?f=113&t=9873

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

TRLcam wrote:
Here is more flash info for you. viewtopic.php?f=113&t=9873
Thanks TRL :) i read that post you mentioned about pixel X800N and X800C updating their firmware .. did you test them after the update ?

There is another mention about godox ving .. wondering is some one tried these units

All times are