Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:43 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:07 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Hi there i've been using this same wired camera trap setup for a while now wich is a nikon d7200 with 3 sb28 amd a camtraption pir v2 .

I've encountered a problem that really boggle me. Lately when I try to adjust my exposure I get that very bright overexpose first shot and the others seems more like what i've planned the same thing happens over and over when I let my flash rest for a while but like i've said the first flash is brighter that what I've set it out to be. I make sure my batteries are fully charged and all of my flashes has really low output [. 1/32 , 1/64 and 1/16 /.. .
I know that could be a problem with capacitator but I've tried switching flash# 1 with flash# 2 because it looks like the problem comes from flash # 1 wich is the first flash connected to the camera/.. ... But it didnt change anything . All my camera settings stays the same but the first shot is overexpose.

Could it be the nikon sc-28 cable that has a problem ? ... The only other thing I could mention is that this particular camera and sc 28 ( the part in the pélican case) got really moist during summer has I didnt had Time to check it out but when I brought back the camera I made sure that it dried real well before putting it back in function ... Except for the sc 28 and the flashes that were a bit damp but not wet so I've let them in the forest without more care . Anyways did anybody experience this before . What should I look for ?
Thank you

All times are