Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:28 am

All times are

Post subject: Re: Bummer man
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 am 
Royal
Royal

I was working on a research study and my friend kept all the important info including all the data on USB flash drive. As we would go through dozens of trail camera memory cards and he would save the results on a spreadsheet on the flash drive. Except one time he accidentally reformatted over the USB drive instead of the camera memory card. Happens to the best of us. It was the only copy and he was able to get all of it back but paid a bit for a program to do it. At least you got most of the stuff back and I'm loving all the wolf documentation you are doing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:56 am 
Emperor
Emperor

greengrass wrote:
I was working on a research study and my friend kept all the important info including all the data on USB flash drive. As we would go through dozens of trail camera memory cards and he would save the results on a spreadsheet on the flash drive. Except one time he accidentally reformatted over the USB drive instead of the camera memory card. Happens to the best of us. It was the only copy and he was able to get all of it back but paid a bit for a program to do it. At least you got most of the stuff back and I'm loving all the wolf documentation you are doing!

Thanks Greengrass, I will no doubt accidentally format my data in the future again but I will always have back-up saved elsewhere. I'm now using a back-up program that runs daily and it works like a charm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Sorry to hear about that. I've had a few similar scares, but nothing potentially that bad. Glad to hear you recovered most of it.

All times are