Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:37 pm

All times are

Post subject: Picture Quality
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:16 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I have a question in regards to picture quality. I look at the picture quality from the Home Brew cameras and I often wonder, why can't a commercial camera manuf. come up with a cam that would match the quality of the Home Brews??? I have yet to see one, I'm talking both day and night pics. I have a P41 Home Brew thats over 6 years old and it continues to put out exceptional pics, both day and night! I have tried a number of commercial White Flash cams and I have yet to see one that matches the quality of my P41. Whats the problem?
CSB

Post subject: Re: Picture Quality
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:14 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I think that we have all asked that same question many times over. Here's my thoughts on it...........

Commercial game cameras sales have been steadily increasing in the past couple of years. This forum is living proof of that unfolding before us all. Once the sales of game cameras match the present demand for action cameras. Then I would imagine that the manufacturers will apply the same technology into game cameras at a similar price point. I would not be surprised to see game cameras with the image quality of today's action cameras within the next few years. If that be the case then you could see the picture quality conceivably match and no doubt surpass that of the older point and shoot cameras. We may be quite a ways off in seeing or ever seeing Carl Zeiss lenses in commercial game cameras. Like the lens in your P41 game camera.

Post subject: Re: Picture Quality
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it is all about producing a product that does what the customer wants. Most of the people that buy game cameras want to see what is in the field and where it is. That can be accomplished with a 2mp camera or a 20mp camera. The pictures might look better with the expensive camera but you can meet the same goal with the 2mp, cheaper camera. But then again, as the image sensor production costs decrease we will see better image quality for a better price, eventually rivaling the quality of a good point and shoot camera. I would like to see more advancements in motion detection, image sensors that respond better to low light and commercial game cameras that allow more creative control in camera settings.

All times are