Fledgling
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:58 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:13 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Woody Meristem wrote:
Quote:
I also haven't had an issue yet with them with the whiteflash.

That's been my experience as well, white flash doesn't seem to bother any species as much as the red LEDs in some commercial cameras. To me the real advantage with red or black flash is that it reduces the chance of the camera being stolen, otherwise I'd much prefer color night videos.

Very true, good point to bring up Woody.

I would use the white LED video in the very same situations as my white flash still cams. I wonder if these Spartan cams can be programmed for daytime videos only. I know how the effects are to some species of wildlife of a sudden burst of bright white light. I wonder how a continuous illumination of white light is to the same species. It will be interesting to understand that on my predator subjects in particular.

Hey JDH,
Any idea of the choice of programs for the camera. Such as day, night, flash, no flash, duration of video, motion detection range etc. etc ?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:32 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I think you will find that most species won't bother about a bright sudden burst of light from a white flash even some of our younger less skittish sambar stags will tolerate that, but not the big old mature stags they will never be seen again. Anyway that's not the subject of the conversation I was talking about a continuous source of bright light being shon on them. I wonder how many times a wild animal that is not used to people, street lights and car headlights will tolerate such a continuous light source, my guess would be only once.
Reconyx cameras have several models which offer a lot of features that a standard $300 commercial cam doesn't offer. Some of the professional white light Reconyx allow you to access their features via your P.C. giving you numerous options. You might want to look at those Gary? The price tag of AU$1,200
puts most people off.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:22 am 

westcocanuck2 wrote:

Any idea of the choice of programs for the camera. Such as day, night, flash, no flash, duration of video, motion detection range etc. etc ?

The camera has start/stop times so you can program it to only work during the day if you'd like or set up a period of time for it to do timelapse. Sensing has been really good so far from what I have seen. I can't remember the exact video lengths but there's quite a few of them. I'll have to grab the camera one day and go through the settings.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:29 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Way too rich for my blood Trev but thanks.

That sounds good John, you've got my interest.
Yet another practical and simple feature such as the START and STOP option is a good one. I'm beginning to think that there has been some input from an actual camera trapper in the program and development of this Spartan camera.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:27 am 

I few pics more pics from the new camera
Attachment:
IMAG1169.JPG

Attachment:
IMAG1376.JPG

Attachment:
IMAG1534.JPG

Attachment:
IMAG1090.JPG

Attachment:
IMAG1047.JPG

Attachment:
IMAG0968.JPG

Attachment:
IMAG0469.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:44 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Indeed nice clear pictures.

All times are