Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am

All times are

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Since things are going a bit slow, here's a question? How many of you have been surprised to encounter your own lost equipment when on your camera trap rounds? Maybe you didn't even know it was missing. I'll confess this has happened to me several times. Once it was a box wrench, but this spring I found a stiff leather glove on the trail not far from a place I'd set a camera last year. Couldn't find the mate, but I was lucky -- a month later I found it farther up the trail. Both were as stiff as cardboard from winter rain, but just wearing them them broke them in again.

Anyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:39 am 
King
King

Once I found two camera of my cameras at a set, one was setup on the tree working as it should, and one I had accidentally left the pelican case opened on the ground. It was open all winter so you can guess how that went! A couple times I found cameras out that I haven't checked for a year because I forgot I put them out at that location and some of my most important photos have come that way. I usually don't carry any tools with me to set cameras besides the cameras themselves so that makes it harder for me to lose things :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:49 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I came across a cam that I didn't even know I had misplaced, boy did that make me laugh and smile. I've come back to a set only to find my knife still sticking out of the tree where I left it. I use my knife stuck in a tree as an object to line my sight up to where I want to place my camera. Finding bolts, washers, batteries, cards is the norm for me Chris. I'm always leaving stuff behind but so far I have never lost a camera forgetting where I left it....touch wood.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I put a Reconyx out in the creek behind my shop a couple years ago. Then forgot about it. Earlier this spring I remembered and went to look for it but can't remember exactly where I put it. I have walked the creek a couple times but it is too thick with vegetation. This fall, after the first freeze it will be a lot easier to find. I hope.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:44 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Well, having heard your stories, I am feeling better.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:49 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

cameratrapcodger wrote:
Well, having heard your stories, I am feeling better.

Hey listen, anytime you feeling like getting cheered, you now know where to come.

All times are