Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:04 pm

All times are

Post subject: Pentax W90
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:28 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

This camera seems promising. Here is a video someone else did taking the camera apart. There are 3 other screws on the circuit board that come out. The lens part just kinda comes out once the board is popped out. Need to be careful getting the board out with the battery holder and USB ports on the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDZe_-yAiZM

I have a black wire attached to the negative battery external. There is a red dot above the positive external. The green arrow shows when i routed all the wires to once I drilled out the tripod mount.

There was a metal plate over this that had plastic like rivets. I just cut those, and took the metal plate off. Notice there is a notch cut out of the gray plastic where the wire lays. Needed to cut those so I could set the metal plate back over. Red wire is the power wire for On/Off, as you'll see I'm using a second wire on the negative external for ground. The white wire is on the middle post for that shutter button.

Notice the little screw between the white and red wire. That needs to come out to pull the power bar off. The lens needs to be pulled out to get access to this screw.

Here are the externals. As you can see there are two wires on the negative, one is for the ground.

I've just tested real quick with a Safari board and it seems to work as a type 1 camera.

*Update* This is a 2 flash cam. I'm working on testing with a almost full 8gig card.

All times are