Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:50 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Theoutdoorsman wrote:
Curious if we can further conserve battery power on this by connecting the battery leads to, say, a slaveblaster board, so that's it's not powered up constantly while afield? A day/night circuit, at a minimum, would be handy. Your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In the video I explain that this flash is to be used as an internal slave flash that is operated by the Safari Camera Controller with the Mosfet Backpacker running the Flash program. It doesn't stay powered on all the time, the code operates it just like any other slave flash and the mosfet applies power for the initial charging at the beginning of the code, then again at regular intervals to keep the capacitor charged so it is ready when needed and then recharges after each time it fires.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:17 pm 
Royal
Royal

bigbassmann wrote:
Theoutdoorsman wrote:
Curious if we can further conserve battery power on this by connecting the battery leads to, say, a slaveblaster board, so that's it's not powered up constantly while afield? A day/night circuit, at a minimum, would be handy. Your thoughts?

In the video I explain that this flash is to be used as an internal slave flash that is operated by the Safari Camera Controller with the Mosfet Backpacker running the Flash program. It doesn't stay powered on all the time, the code operates it just like any other slave flash and the mosfet applies power for the initial charging at the beginning of the code, then again at regular intervals to keep the capacitor charged so it is ready when needed and then recharges after each time it fires.
Do you have any sample field photos as of yet?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:36 pm 
Royal
Royal

Theoutdoorsman wrote:
bigbassmann wrote:
Theoutdoorsman wrote:

Do you have any sample field photos as of yet?

Curious how it compares to the baby flash in regards to brightness?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:38 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I don't have any field tests as these flashes don't belong to me, I only did the hack. Ghosthunter will be getting them soon and I'm sure he will post some results when he gets them out in the field.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Theoutdoorsman wrote:
Ghosthunters, i think it'd be a very useful tool for the Panasonic cameras! ...

Interesting that you made mention of Panasonic’s. I have a build waiting for the Slaves to arrive back to Canada. All I need to do is drill the flash hole and add the Slave and wire it up. It’s going with an FP8. I will put it out shortly thereafter to test the camera and the Slave. I will post some pics as soon as I get some for everyone to see how these are. There is at least one other member that has one for sure and not sure when he will be putting it into a build. As with everything new we try it does not always turn out the way we hope but we must continue to explore new options. These things are slick and I hope they work well. I know they are as bright as a baby slave but not sure if they are brighter or not. Was tuff to test indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All times are