Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:32 am

All times are

Post subject: Sony T110
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:36 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Here are some pictures of the hack on this camera. The hack is pretty straight forward, but instead of soldering to a board, you are soldering to a ribbon, so do not let your iron get too hot. The external hack is easy, once you finally get it it. I routed everything out the bottom of the camera, and forgot to take some pictures of all of that sequence. However, it's not all too hard to figure out how.

Once you remove the 6 screws around the camera, gently pry off the housing that surrounds the camera, you'll see how it lifts off with a bit of prying, the front of the camera will come off with it. The camera will now be in 2 parts.

You can disconnect this small ribbon, but as always do it very carefully, much as you would with a P41.

You can now separate the camera.

You can now see how to get to the Power/Shutter ribbon. There are clips on both sides holding it in, so GENTLY lift up on them and the ribbon will come out and you will see the zoom, power, shutter and playback buttons on it.

I have labeled the solder points - you only need to solder for the shutter and power and use the camera battery negative as your common for both. If, however, you just love to use a 5 wire hack or are not doing an external battery hack, then the common solder points are the two solder points underneath the common and the two solder points above where the power point is indicated. Using any 4 of them should work.

Like a dummy, this is where I quit taking pictures, but if you want to do the external power, GENTLY disconnect the two ribbons on the very edge of the top of this picture. Next remove the 2 small screws just above the USB hookup.

Disconnect the Lens assembly and lift out. You will then be able to locate 2 small clips and lift the entire assembly that holds the main board out of the case. It will now look like this:

Solder to these points:

Now figure out how you want to route your wires out and reassemble. This is where I really wish I had not been so absorbed in the camera and forgot to take pictures. I actually slid the wires from the back side of the board (as you are viewing it now) so that they ran between the main board and the battery board out just above the tripod hole. I then routed my shutter and common underneath the flash something along the lines that I drew here.

edit:

I believe I have the IR hack figured out. Very easy, just don't know how it will focus.

Post subject: Re: Sony T110
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:53 am 
King
King

Alternate power contact on the first pin from the right.

All times are