Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:30 am

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:36 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Hi all from PA. I've been lurking on several boards this winter after the last of my crappy Chinese trail cams bombed out. I figured I've spent over 1K over the last 7 yrs on units that have never lasted more than 2 years (and usually longer than the warranty). I'm good with my hands so decided it's time to do it myself (as I've found a lot in recent years ...if you want it done right...). Just got myself a DSC p32 for my first build off ebay and am looking up from here. One thing I've noticed being late to the party, so to say, is that although all the info I can get is good, a lot of it is somewhat outdated and/or supplies are no longer available (i.e. Yeti). Please bear with me when I ask about stuff that may be old news. Thanks to all you guys that still post so us newbies can benefit. Talk to you on the boards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:41 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Welcome! Don't be afraid to ask basic questions. These forums and this hobby needs new blood or it will wither away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:02 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Welcome. Like many on this forum I started with a P32 and have now hacked eight of them. I was really nervous about opening the first one, but the rest were easy. Ask away, lots of experts on this forum and also on diycamtraps.com and hagshouse.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:53 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Woody Meristem wrote:
Welcome. Like many on this forum I started with a P32 and have now hacked eight of them. I was really nervous about opening the first one, but the rest were easy. Ask away, lots of experts on this forum and also on diycamtraps.com and hagshouse.com

Woody, The P32s were probably a little more expensive when you did your first, so I can understand the nervousness. I got mine for $15, so even if I screw it up it's not a huge loss. I also have the benefits of some pretty detailed hack videos and this one seems straight forward. Thanks for the welcomes guys!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:01 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Welcome to the hobby. Many homebrewers including myself started out with the P32 and it makes a very nice trail camera. It takes nice pics for a low mp camera, has decent flash range out to around 20 feet or so, isn't too bad on batteries, the hack is as easy as it gets and is a work horse, by that I mean it will usually last a long time if properly cared for. Ask all the questions you need to and someone will be glad to give an answer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:33 am 

Welcome bonzoso, the P32 is a great solid camera that should give you many years of service. Ask any and all questions that you have, we've all been there building the first one before and everybody loves to help.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:welcome

"Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium."
- Sigurd Olson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:35 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Welcome ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:06 pm 
Royal
Royal

Heres a recent pic from my P32. For much the same reasons as yourself, I built my first homebrew. And, everyone in this thread offered some input. You're in good hands. Have a go at it! You won't be disappointed in the end. But, beware however, as Ghosthunter once told me ... your first won't be your last ... lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:22 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

It's never too late to the party...welcome and I know I can speak for the rest of the group on the forum...we look forward to your posts and good luck...!

:old

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

All times are