Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are

Post subject: Wireless cell phone cam
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:58 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I am not sure this is the right forum, but, I am finally moving to an area that has cell phone coverage so would like to get a camera that will send an image and/or text via email. I am using Telus so need one that will work with something other than AT&T or Verizon. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 am 

Richard, I do believe most of these cams are going to require a separate plan to run your camera. I don't think I've heard of one that you can add to your existing personal cell plan. I am using the Spartan Gocam AT&T blackflash camera and I'm very happy with it (I actually have three). I started with the Verizon version because with cell phones in my area it's much better but with the cell cams Verizon is three times the cost per month to run. I borrowed a buddies AT&T camera to try in my different areas and it performed well so I switched to that. The other nice thing with the GoCams is the portal and app. I can view all my pictures and change every cam setting from my smartphone or computer. The app is free so you can also give your id number and access code to other people to view your pics. There's two access codes that you set up, one is admin and that allows the user to be able to change camera settings and view the pictures and the other is guest where they can only view pics. With the portal the camera sends the pics to the portal and then to anyone you have on your list that wants emailed pics so each picture only uses as much data as one picture. If you don't have the portal for every picture sent (text and email) it uses that much of your data, so if you are sending to three different addresses/cell phones you will use three times the data that you would with the portal usage. The portal is an additional 3 or 4 dollars a month depending on the package that you buy.

All times are