Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 am 

Greetings fellow camtrappers! Looks like we have the go ahead to start a New Camera Research and Development topic, and fund so we can try to keep current with new cameras, share info and pool our efforts and resources. Won't be a whole lot different I guess than it is now, but with the fund it will allow us to collectively as a group purchase cams we'd like to try out.

I've been in contact with Willy on this...I've offered to look after the logistics and allow the use of one of my "dormant" paypal accounts for our research fund. For the first little while it might be a work in progress, but here are some of the details so far:

* A sub forum will be created specifically for Research and Development
* A paypal account is already good to go and donations can be sent to jkskelton@hotmail.com
* A thread will be started to keep everyone in the loop regarding the account balance and I will PM you to let you know your donations have been received.
* Another thread will be started for members to suggest different cameras to test...I will try to set up a google spreadsheet with camera specs so we can all compare between cameras.
* We will periodically vote on what cameras to purchase for testing, based on the comparison specs
* Cameras will be hand tested first before attempting hacks so that if they don't pan out they can be auctioned off on e-bay.
* We will of course need some volunteers to figure out the camera hacks, or teach some willing learners.
* Cameras that do work out good for trail cam use can be sold through the Blue Light specials section on our site
* All money recovered from re-selling the cameras (good and bad) will be put back into the fund for continued research
* maybe not right away...but eventually I'd like to possibly use the fund for things other than just cameras...slave flashes, batteries, cases etc. but one step at a time

Here's a few things to keep in mind before making a donation to the research fund:

* ...you will have to trust me with your $$ :angel
* Secondly, you may have to accept the fact that the camera(s) you would like to see tested...may not in fact get purchased or tested based on member voting.
* donating money to the Camera research fund would be in fact just that...a donation to the greater good of homebrewing :awesome

I will do my best to answer PM's/posts, and keep everyone in the loop about the status of the account and update with any news.

If all this is OK...feel free to send in donations anytime starting now to jkskelton@hotmail.com

More info to follow as it becomes available.

Cheers :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 pm 

Where do we make out suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 pm 

tbass wrote:
Where do we make out suggestions?

Work'n on it...trying to figure out if it's best to add to this thread or start a new one. I've started a google spreadsheet and have so far added the Sony W330...just for kicks. I'll post a link to it to see if anyone has suggestions/comments on it.

Pred

All times are