Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:11 am

All times are

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ Array ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:31 pm 
Royal
Royal

This is just a idea. Do you think we can get more experienced hackers involed in this. Maybe we will be able to develop new hacks more quickly. Maybe vote on a couple camerasand delegate the particular cameras out to the right people. We have over $300. Thats enough to get 2 new cameras rolling.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:11 am 

Not a bad idea, but a lot of it is waiting for a good price, testing, and taking votes from the folks here on what to do.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 am 

Dan wrote:
This is just a idea. Do you think we can get more experienced hackers involed in this. Maybe we will be able to develop new hacks more quickly. Maybe vote on a couple camerasand delegate the particular cameras out to the right people. We have over $300. Thats enough to get 2 new cameras rolling.

Yeah...the invitation for hacker and hand tester volunteers is Always open. We started threads a while back asking for volunteers for both, but we don't have a huge pool to choose from. In the last year since we started all this it's definitely gained some interest. Seeing as how it's a new year coming up with some newer cams hitting the market we should open up those threads again.

As far as making it quicker to turn around cams. Either way it will still take time to vote, hand test, hack etc...and I think it's best to focus on one cam at a time. Having said that since there seems to be more interest and people involved now the turn around time might be a bit quicker.

Pred

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am 

Your right about the new models coming out this year. Don't forget the already out there cameras though. I've found a few that look promising. Problem is the cost and availability of them. New cams are over $100 typically. Are you going to get another thread going for suggested new cameras? I can't find the original sheet with some of the suggestions that were out there though?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 pm 

tbass wrote:
Your right about the new models coming out this year. Don't forget the already out there cameras though. I've found a few that look promising. Problem is the cost and availability of them. New cams are over $100 typically. Are you going to get another thread going for suggested new cameras? I can't find the original sheet with some of the suggestions that were out there though?

I'm thinking about maybe starting fresh with a new list...but waiting until we got the WX1 all done....just thinking though

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm 

I'd hate to abandon the possibility of some cams that are now out there and maybe affordable though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:42 pm 

tbass wrote:
I'd hate to abandon the possibility of some cams that are now out there and maybe affordable though.

Oh for sure...just a new list but any cam can be suggested...new, old or whatever. Even ones suggested last year that still have someone's interest can be suggested again. we'll still keep all the old info too

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 am 

With Joe and Cliffs P43 auction/donation the research fund is now up to $480

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:18 am 
Royal
Royal

Are there any ideas out there for the next research cam?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:47 am 
King
King

I would personnally like to see a new fixed lense, fixed focus, sub 2 second cam, with crisp IR pics. There are a ton of white flash cams out there that can be used.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ Array ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are