All times are

Vote for Video Camera Research cam
Poll ended at Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:39 am
Sony HDRCX 150 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kodak ZX5 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
GoPro Hero 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 8
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:39 am 

It's finally time to run our first round of video camera research. We have three options to choose from this time:

Sony HDRCX 150

Kodak ZX5

GoPro Hero

Voting will run for 2 weeks again to allow enough time for anyone interested to vote. Please select 1 video camera from the three above to purchase, and test for eventual trail camera use.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:43 pm 

So it looks like the Gopro won!...:however I talked it over with the other mods and we agreed that in light of the recent developments with the Gopro by TRLcam, we should look at a new cam instead. So by default the second place video cam will be the one we'll go for...the Kodac ZX5

Any volunteers for testing?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:23 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I think we should stick with testing the GoPro!!! No one has figured out everything it will and will not do!! Sure TRL has played with it but it has not been put thru the testing we normally do. I for one am very disappointed with this decision!!!! Not that it matters I am sure.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FIREMANJIM wrote:
I think we should stick with testing the GoPro!!! No one has figured out everything it will and will not do!! Sure TRL has played with it but it has not been put thru the testing we normally do. I for one am very disappointed with this decision!!!! Not that it matters I am sure.

:tinkin

Jim, I don't see a reason to test something that has already been used in a build and more or less has proven itself. More are already purchasing Go Pros and starting their own builds already. The testing is being done without the need for our research funds.

The purpose of the Research Fund is to test cameras that not have been tested and then if they pass to do a build with them. Myself and the other moderators discussed it and thought exploring a different camera is a wiser use of our cooperative funds.

Sorry, you are disappointed. And, every member's opinion in my eyes matters.

~Sean

"Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium."
- Sigurd Olson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 am 

Willy wrote:
FIREMANJIM wrote:

:tinkin

Jim, I don't see a reason to test something that has already been used in a build and more or less has proven itself. More are already purchasing Go Pros and starting their own builds already. The testing is being done without the need for our research funds.

The purpose of the Research Fund is to test cameras that not have been tested and then if they pass to do a build with them. Myself and the other moderators discussed it and thought exploring a different camera is a wiser use of our cooperative funds.

Sorry, you are disappointed. And, every member's opinion in my eyes matters.

~Sean

And my eyes as well I think the GoPro might and most likely will be a great addition or option for those that want to do video, there have been many members that support the research fund either thru contributions or with testing, or donated materials and labor looking for the "Holy Grail" of the next cam or video unit and I thank all of them! I personally am usually a few steps behind the curve with my limited abilities I'll sit back and watch until I see something that appeals to me and if the results are what I'm looking for I may jump in and try one. Often times when we put a camera up for a vote somebody will jump in based on the information put out there by our members or there own research and get it going before we have a chance to do it. I think this is good for the hobby as we all look for the perfect camera..It may be out there already we just don't know where it is, which is why we want the feed back and the voting selection or all the experimentation involved by the fine members of the HB community. To me judging by the initial results and of my personal experience of watching both day and night videos for racing, skiing and watching scope mounted hunting video using the GoPro I was already sold that this could be used well in our hobby! Jim Your oppinion matters as well as everybody else that logs onto the forum and we appreciate the input...Just my 2 cents
Joe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:23 pm 
King
King

Wal-Mart has the Zx5 on sale right now online for $50

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 am 

mattpatt wrote:
Wal-Mart has the Zx5 on sale right now online for $50

That's a good deal! Would someone mind picking one up and I'll send them a paypal payment to cover it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:30 am 
King
King

Deal is dead.. I started to get one but I don't need another project right now. Wish I had now after seeing Pred's post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 pm 

Has anyone seen any deals on the Kodak ZS5 latley? We should try to snag one soon and satrt testing!

Pred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

$89.57 at U.S.-ShoppingOnline is the best I've seen

All times are