Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:58 am

All times are

Post subject: Where and how to start
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm 
Royal
Royal

Ok I got my 08m board all soldered up. Had the picaxe to serial cable and now have the serial to usb adapter. Have the editor downloaded. Have the serial cable driver downloaded.

I opened the editor program, plugged the usb cable in, and turned the power to the board on.

I have a SS p32 chip in the board. Should the program that is on the chip come up? Or is there a way to make the program come up? Or do I need to have a program to copy and paste into the editor. And if so, how do I go about erasing the program already on the chip?

Not sure how to proceed from here. And hoping the board is all soldered together right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:59 pm 

There is no way to see the program on the chip. You can not make it come up. You will need to get a program to put into the editor, or make your own program. The program on the chip is replaced with the one you put on it when you click the program button in the editor. Below are 2 code samples from Gary's site courtesy of Gary and 212.

P32
P41

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 pm 
Royal
Royal

Thanks for the reply Tony. And thanks to Gary and 212 for taking the time to help us that are less then knowing in this area.

All times are