Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:47 am

All times are

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:42 am 

Ok, after much reading and some stupidity on my part I think I figured out the windows 7 download for this driver

First go to this site and download the windows USB driver (zip format) Save it to a place on your computer, I like to use my pictures or the desktop. You will have to click on download and then select the download that you want.

http://www.picaxe.com/Software/Drivers/ ... m/tab?cid=

After you have downloaded the zip file go to where you have it stored and make another folder, I called the new folder unzipped

Now right click the zipped folder (probably named axe027) and on the pop up window left click on "extract all"

Then click on browse and highlight the folder you named unzipped and when it's highlighted click OK then click extract

Now plug in your usb cable connected to your programmer with batteries in it and a chip installed, plug in the cable to the usb port that you want to use for programming.

"This is important don't worry about it now start here later"
click on the windows icon on the lower left of your sceen and then click on control panel

next click on "view devices and printers" under hardware and sound

You will probably see an unspecified section on the bottom below your monitors and printers and the usb connection for the AXE027 cable

Note the yellow "!" (yellow exclamation point/yield) by the icon

Right click on that Axe027 icon and then left click on properties

click hardware on the popup, highlight the Axe027 and click properties again

click on change settings and then update driver

Click browse my computer for driver software and go highlight your unzipped folder, make sure include subfolders is checked off in the box and click next

This should install the driver, just follow the instructions.

Now go back to the spot where I typed "This is important don't worry about it now start here later" and repeat the process, for some reason there is another driver that needs to be installed a second time, it's already in your unzipped folder. Just follow the instructions, you will have to highlight a different thing here and there but it's obvious, probably a yellow "!" (yellow exclamation point/yield) by what you need to highlight (you'll know don't worry) and after it's downloaded you should be ready to program. If the hardware error pops up it's probably just a matter of setting the com ports in the program editor settings.

when you are done if the driver is installed correctly the yellow "!" (yellow exclamation point/yield) that was by the USB picaxe AXE027 icon when you clicked on "view devices and printers" should be gone

If using the picaxe proto board to program make sure the jumper is set to program

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wish I would have had this about 2 years ago. LOL

Thanks JD, should help many.

"Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium."
- Sigurd Olson

All times are