Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:07 am

All times are

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I was wondering if there needed to be a 3 second delay in the programing of the walk test to allow the sensor to settle. I find it a little hard to find out when the sensor is seeing me when the led is off for 3 seconds. Is there any way to program it so that the led is on constantly as long as the sensor is seeing movement and then shut off when the sensor does not see movement. The only way I can tell what is happening right now is to stay outside the sensor range, wait a few moments and then walk into the range and see when the led lights up. I then have to go to the other side of the camera and check that side the same way. When testing, I keep getting different spots where it is picking me up, for instance, when I walk into the field as opposed to standing stationary in the field and then moving out of the field.
So Has anybody tried to change the code for the walk test to make it work more “real time”?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:36 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Are you referring to any specific control board?

Yeti has a DIP switch setting to light up the LED as motion is detected. I've used that feature several times when preparing a camtrap when utilizing an elevated set.

I find this .pdf very helpful in understanding the dynamics behind motion detection, take a look, it's worth a read..

http://www.yeticam.com/Manuals/YetiCamB ... nual14.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I am sorry, I left that out. I was referring to the SSII board. That is the only one I have to date and was going to get a couple more but wanted to know more about it first. I started looking into the picaxe programming software and was curious as to why there needs to be a delay for the pir to settle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 am 

I think allowing the pir to settle helps avoid false triggers.

All times are