Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:52 am

All times are

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:04 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I don't think with, all of the software out there that lightens up photos, that we are going to see cameras with better flashes. Instead, you are going to see better sensors that provide more information in low light conditions that the programs can use to sharpen the pictures. I don't have time for that, so I anticipate that all future builds will be using a slave.

In terms of testing the camera, we all have different uses for our cams. I place a premium on speed and quietness since I use them on tight spots, but many of these spots also have windows out to 90 feet, so I want my camera to cover everything the board detects. On Foodolots, I want my cameras to pick up everything within 90 feet as well. Others are using mostly on bait of some type amd could care less about picking up anything beyond 45 feet, so our preferences are different. What I think is great cam may not be so to another. So maybe we could try to find a camera for trails and a camera for bait.

I've spent a lot of time looking at the panasonic and fugi pictures posted on this and other forums and have, only seen one of them take night pictures that are equal to or better than the Sony. I have not been so imressed with any day pictures that I would say they are any better than Sonys. I've heard several guys say how fast they are, but when I've seen them and played with them in the stores, they are not as fast as the sonys. The builds I have seen have not been all that fast either.

I've played with a T110 and love the fixed lens and, more importantly, the speed and my guess is in 2 years it will be "the cam". However, I'd like to hear more objective findings about the other brands - so while my preference would be to stick with the tried and true, my vote would be to see how most members are using their cams and try to find the best possible for that purpose or find one for trails and one for feeders/bait. Who knows, if we are open minded, we might find one that fits both.

Below are some examples of my use of the W290 on a food plot with a 2800 slave. Using a cam, I can zoom in on any of these night pictures including the deer out 30 yards and tell if they are bucks or does.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 pm 

egbertdavis wrote:
I don't think with, all of the software out there that lightens up photos, that we are going to see cameras with better flashes. Instead, you are going to see better sensors that provide more information in low light conditions that the programs can use to sharpen the pictures. I don't have time for that, so I anticipate that all future builds will be using a slave.

In terms of testing the camera, we all have different uses for our cams. I place a premium on speed and quietness since I use them on tight spots, but many of these spots also have windows out to 90 feet, so I want my camera to cover everything the board detects. On Foodolots, I want my cameras to pick up everything within 90 feet as well. Others are using mostly on bait of some type amd could care less about picking up anything beyond 45 feet, so our preferences are different. What I think is great cam may not be so to another. So maybe we could try to find a camera for trails and a camera for bait.

I've spent a lot of time looking at the panasonic and fugi pictures posted on this and other forums and have, only seen one of them take night pictures that are equal to or better than the Sony. I have not been so imressed with any day pictures that I would say they are any better than Sonys. I've heard several guys say how fast they are, but when I've seen them and played with them in the stores, they are not as fast as the sonys. The builds I have seen have not been all that fast either.

I've played with a T110 and love the fixed lens and, more importantly, the speed and my guess is in 2 years it will be "the cam". However, I'd like to hear more objective findings about the other brands - so while my preference would be to stick with the tried and true, my vote would be to see how most members are using their cams and try to find the best possible for that purpose or find one for trails and one for feeders/bait. Who knows, if we are open minded, we might find one that fits both.

Below are some examples of my use of the W290 on a food plot with a 2800 slave. Using a cam, I can zoom in on any of these night pictures including the deer out 30 yards and tell if they are bucks or does.

Very well said!

For myself I set my cams on trails and bait, and 99% of the time the distance from the intended subject to the cam is within 5 meters...usually about 3 or less. I use my cams more for photography than scouting, and always after close-up pics where the animal fills, or close to fills the frame.

I also like simple builds, where your're just dealing with the camera and the board...so personally i'm not into slaves. When I look at a cam, I'm looking for one whos built in flash can take good night pics at 5 yards or less, takes great daytime pics, good battery life, and less than 3 second trigger speed. Most of the time a 2.5 second cam is fast enough for me, even on trails with the right angle, and fresnal. Fixed lens would be nice, but not a requirement.

Thats just what i look for...I sure theres a ton of other opionions out there. :awesome

Pred

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:51 pm 

Just to add a bit...I've often thought it would be nice to use a super small slave...something tiny and about the strength of a S600 capacitor. That's the one thing that makes me shy away from slaves is the size, extra batteries...and work involved. Okay that's 3 things ;) but if there was a little slave option out there I'd be interested for sure.

...Anyone know if there's something like that?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:04 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Predator, Is there a way to hack into the cameras flash to run another cameras flash. two flashs from one cam?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:07 am 

Predator 1 wrote:
Just to add a bit...I've often thought it would be nice to use a super small slave...something tiny and about the strength of a S600 capacitor. That's the one thing that makes me shy away from slaves is the size, extra batteries...and work involved. Okay that's 3 things ;) but if there was a little slave option out there I'd be interested for sure.

...Anyone know if there's something like that?

I have one similar to this laying around. It's one of the old pix ones.

https://www.allelectronics.com/mas_asse ... FSH-12.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:45 am 
King
King

I think one of those slaves a few of us played with would work for you Pred. I think it was called a vivitar sf3000? It has a built in trigger so all you would need is something like a bigfoot SP board and one sister board to control the on/off of the flash. It dont have near the punch of the other slaves we use.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Flashes-Flash-A ... 0625179266

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:25 am 

rick wrote:
Predator, Is there a way to hack into the cameras flash to run another cameras flash. two flashs from one cam?

Acually that's what I've been wondering myself...besides the flash cap mod Joe came up with for the W5 there's nothing else like that that I know of.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:28 am 

bowgod02 wrote:
I think one of those slaves a few of us played with would work for you Pred. I think it was called a vivitar sf3000? It has a built in trigger so all you would need is something like a bigfoot SP board and one sister board to control the on/off of the flash. It dont have near the punch of the other slaves we use.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Flashes-Flash-A ... 0625179266

Hmm interesting...might have to try one. A BF TM won't work with it?

Pred

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:14 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I am showing a very bad refresh on the wx10. Has anyone else tested the refresh on the wx10.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:23 pm 
Galapagos
Galapagos

I picked up this camera in a stock clearance $40
Ricoh PX 16.0 MP Digital Camera

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ricoh-PX-16- ... 954&_uhb=1
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pentax-Ricoh ... c73&_uhb=1
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Ricoh-PX ... 6bc&_uhb=1

camera adjusts to 1600 iso when low light
but doesn't overexpose when subject close
After dismantling camera i decided i waisted money so complex ribbon cable everywhere no were to
solder on to power or focus buttons

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All times are