Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:42 am

All times are

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:30 am 
Emperor
Emperor

just a drawing for the contact pts for Fx100 and Fx35(fx37 same as 35)...shutter is only variable it seems on the Panny mods - as always be careful of the LCD ribbons when removing the back cover.

Array

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Fx37 and Fs42 are the same contacts as fx35

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:01 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

how hard is the hack on the FX37? How would you rate this camera compared to the FS7, picture quality, speed, etc ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:22 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

The Fx37 hack is basically the same as the rest of the Panasonics...pretty simple and contacts aren't hard to get to. Speed is comparable to Fs7 though not as fast as the Fx35. Day pics are really nice as it seems most all the Panasonics do well daytime, but nights have not been up to my expectations...however I have not paired this one with a slave yet - it may do well with one. I also have not had it out for long in the real world and am still working on the best settings. The one I have in the build right now may be having some night focus issues that may or may not be fixable and not representative of what a new/better Fx37 can do(and it is possible that I may have had the camera set to macro for this last check so will have to wait on next check to determine next step - whether I switch cameras in there or try some more tests). Some issues/problems I am having right now are blurry night photos and not a whole lot of activity due to the heat and insects, and I don't want to set this cam far out in the woods as I am still testing and like to make it easy and quick to swap card frequently. I will say the speed is not disappointing and I really do like the day pics(the camera also takes pretty nice video) I will post updates and some samples in the next couple days.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 am 
Emperor
Emperor

wolvenkinde,

good info on the Pannies...I have a a FX-500 that needs to be hacked...just wonder how much different it would be....?? I'll open it up one of these days to see...thanks for your input and drawing..!

TH

www.brucekekule.com
www.cameratrap.asia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:31 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

will the FX37 work as a 4 wire hack using the external common as the board common?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:18 am 
Emperor
Emperor

it should work - a few guys do this with the Panasonics, but I prefer to just solder to the common on the switch. I have had a couple cameras that would end up with sync issues when hooked up to the board using the externals common. To me it is just as easy solder on that point when doing the hack as to solder on the splice wire to the externals, or get the ends of both common wires into the common terminal, and I don't have to worry about if the camera is going to be picky or not.

IMO - the common is the easiest soldering point of the hack anyway.

All times are