Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:44 pm

All times are

Post subject: Panasonic LZ8 and LZ10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:51 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I got most of these from kdornski (Ken). Thought I would post them since I couldn't find them when I was looking for them. Many thanks to Ken for his assistance!!

These settings will get you started so you can test their effects with your camera. I strongly suggest you review all these settings in the camera's manual for detailed explanations. It sure helped me out!! You can also use the camera's Intelligent Auto (IA) setting and compare the results.

After powering up the camera push the middle button labeled SET to access the Main Menu. Mode button on top of camera set to "P" for Program Mode. IA if you prefer Intelligent Auto (Automatic).

LZ8 and LZ10 Settings in Program Mode

Just above the word MENU on the center dial is a small square with the markings +/- on it. Push this to see the OEV settings. Use the left and right arrows to decrease or increase the value of Exposure.
OEV Settings (Exposure)
You can compensate from -2 EV to +2
EV in steps of 1/3 EV.
Select [0 EV] to return to the original
exposure.
For my builds a value of 0 (ZERO) OEV works best. Experiment to see what works best for you.

After powering up the camera push the middle button labeled SET to access the Main Menu. Mode button on top of camera set to "P" for the Program Mode (Manual).

“”As far as quality I am now using FINE (low compression) as explained here"":
6 little black squares in a white rectangle with a white arrow pointing down from the top.
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMCLZ8.PDF”” (Page 68)

“”Here is the FOCUS settings explanations"":
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMCLZ8.PDF (Page 73)
I had some out of focus pics with 9-area and 3-area focus. 1-area focus (High Speed) seems just right.”” Square white box with a solid black square box inside it with an “H” alongside.

LZ8 and LZ10 Program Mode Settings

Picture Size---8MP or 10MP depending on which camera and your preference.
Quality- “Fine Quality” 9 black boxes enclosed in a rectangle
Aspect Ratio---4:3
Intelligent ISO ---- OFF Only turned on if you use IA (Intelligent Auto).
ISO Sensitivity- 200 (Works best for me with a slave flash but experiment for your applications)
White balance ----AWB
Metering Mode--- “Center Weighted” A Parentheses in a square box. (See operating manual page 72)
AF mode- 1-Area Focus "High Speed" (See operating manual page 73) It is represented by a white square box with a solid black box inside it with an "H" alongside.

Quick AF---"ON" This quote is from the 2008 Panasonic introduction of the LZ8 and LZ10. Quick AF - The Quick AF (auto focus) system starts focus on the subject by just pointing the camera to the subject, thus minimizing the AF time. Experiment to draw your own conclusions.
Burst ---off
Digital Zoom----off
Color Effect----off
Min. Shutter speed ---1/8 This is the initial setting set by the factory. (In the Intelligent Auto mode (IA) it’s set automatically.)
AF assist lamp---Off
Stabilizer- “Mode 1” The stabilizer operates continuously and can assist during photo composition (as per manual).
Clock- Set your clock.

To access Setup Menu:
Arrow to left and then Arrow down to get into your settings.

Battery type--- NIMH
Monitor--- You can set how you want the brightness on it. I set it to -3. The monitor is still plenty bright enough to see.
LCD Mode----Off
Beep- Off
Volume- 0
Guide line ---Off
Histogram---Off
Travel date----Off
Economy---Auto LCD and Power Save OFF
Auto review----Off
USB mode---Camera with USB cord
m/ft----ft
scene menu----Off
Dial display---Off
Format- If you want to erase all pictures on your card

Array

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:16 am 
Emperor
Emperor

To add to the above posting here is the PDF file for ease of printing out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:59 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I made a couple of changes and saved it.
Bill

All times are