Fledgling
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:37 pm

All times are

Post subject: My setup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:01 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Re-vamped my setup.

Canon t3i with 18-55 kit lens, Powerslave wireless flash transmitter, and SSII board all tucked into a Cabela's molded pistol case, Ram ball on bottom, with a couple arms (gotta have that flexibility for the right shot!) and a clamp mount. 2 SB-28 speedlights with the powerslave recievers, tucked into some cheap harbor freight cases, with ram ball on bottom, ram arm, and a ram ball with a lag bolt in it (to screw into tree branches/etc..). Don't mind the holes in the top of the case (they were for the previous PIR trigger) they are now filled in with silicone sealant. Can't wait to get it out and get some good pictures!

Post subject: Re: My setup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Looks terrific and good luck with it. That is a great combination and hopefully it will produce great results for you.

I couldn't help but notice that your HPWA sensor lens looks like it may be installed upside down :what? If you look closely at the lens you will see that flat line portion of the Fresno on the bottom, that should be on the top.
Another point worth mentioning while were're on the subject, and you may already know this. These lens's come with a black foam donut inside the lens when you received it. That is in place to narrow down the detection range for food plot sets. You should remove it if you want a wider field of motion detection.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:11 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I like seeing others builds... thanks for posting ... always produces ideas and discussions. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:26 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

westcocanuck2 wrote:
Looks terrific and good luck with it. That is a great combination and hopefully it will produce great results for you.

I couldn't help but notice that your HPWA sensor lens looks like it may be installed upside down :what? If you look closely at the lens you will see that flat line portion of the Fresno on the bottom, that should be on the top.
Another point worth mentioning while were're on the subject, and you may already know this. These lens's come with a black foam donut inside the lens when you received it. That is in place to narrow down the detection range for food plot sets. You should remove it if you want a wider field of motion detection.

It probably is upside down. Had to finangle my board on the inside to fit correctly and I when I rotated it im guessing the lens moved too...darnit :oops , already have it siliconed into place....oh well, easy fix! I think i'll leave the donut in as I will have it set on some fairly narrow trails and over a feeder...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:47 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

lgirardin wrote:
westcocanuck2 wrote:

It probably is upside down. Had to finangle my board on the inside to fit correctly and I when I rotated it im guessing the lens moved too...darnit :oops , already have it siliconed into place....oh well, easy fix! I think i'll leave the donut in as I will have it set on some fairly narrow trails and over a feeder...

I've done the same thing on my builds too :bag , so you're not the only one. If it's intended for trails and feed stations then I would imagine that it makes no difference then.

Be sure to post the pics you get from this baby.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:55 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

westcocanuck2 wrote:

Be sure to post the pics you get from this baby.

I will be sure to do that. Downside is it might be a while before I can get it set. Supposed to get hit with 6+'' of heavy wet snow today and tomorrow. Just have to love March weather in Nebraska..

All times are