Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 am

All times are

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I have been working on a few remote baby slaves off an on for sometime now. To many projects on the go at once so I decided to finally finish something and this is the results. It has a pipe thru, Ralphs SMT Slave controller, 9 volt power, 5 parallel batteries for the baby slave, home made mounting plate for hanging to the tree, and extra length pig tail and everything is stuffed in to a 1020 pelican case. The unique thing with this remote slave is the latex rubber tubing fitted over the standard pig tail. Through chats with Ralph and his idea of using shrink tubing over the pig tail to keep rain and moisture out I came up with this idea. The latex rubber tubing acts as a rain coat. There is various sizes available but I found its quite easy to get many different sizes over the pig tail by using dish soap. The latex tubing is very soft and pliable. I have had many PT & CDS wires get ruined do to rain and water getting into the pig tails and so have others I have conversed with over the last year. Hopefully this will eliminate this issue totally. The pig tail bends and flexes the same as they usually do even with the tubing over it. The latex snaps over the glass bottle on the bottom end of the pig tail. This allows one to roll the latex up and screw on another glass bottle if need be. I have had elk bust the pig tail and the bottles off the remote slaves twice now. The latex tubing I used comes in 1/8" and 1/16' thicknesses. Here on this remote slave is 1/8". Next on the agenda is wireless remote slaves Jim ... :uhhuh

Daryl Dean

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:05 am 
Royal
Royal

I really like the small project box that encases the slave board/capacitor. It really cleans things up inside. Like yourself, I've had issues with that pigtail allowing moisture in the glass bottle. I'm already making plans to build an RF controlled baby slave, as per Jim's recommendation, and eliminate the issue altogether with the leaky pigtail and finicky placement. Great job on the build! That tubing should work just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:23 am 

Nice job Daryl. I used to have problem with moisture as well, even tried the shrink tubing and as soon as it got a small hole in it and moisture got in it made things even worse. What I stared doing is reversing the loc-line so the water runs off of it rather than sitting on the joints.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:51 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Theoutdoorsman wrote:
I really like the small project box that encases the slave board/capacitor. It really cleans things up inside. Like yourself, I've had issues with that pigtail allowing moisture in the glass bottle. I'm already making plans to build an RF controlled baby slave, as per Jim's recommendation, and eliminate the issue altogether with the leaky pigtail and finicky placement. Great job on the build! That tubing should work just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I plan as well to do some wireless as well. I have so many cams and adding in a few remote slaves made sense. I can use them with any of my cams as need be. Swap them in or out. I will always have cams with stand alone flash. But now I have many options with remote slaves and or wireless remote slaves ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:53 am 
Emperor
Emperor

johnnydeerhunter wrote:
Nice job Daryl. I used to have problem with moisture as well, even tried the shrink tubing and as soon as it got a small hole in it and moisture got in it made things even worse. What I stared doing is reversing the loc-line so the water runs off of it rather than sitting on the joints.

I reversed the loc line as well even with the latex rubber tubing over top. Thanks for the tutorial hack for the baby slave and thanks for the baby slaves u hacked as well my friend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 am 
Emperor
Emperor

That's a good idea Daryl and nice looking compact build. I also like the ability to be able to use the PT sensor flashes with any cam, so convenient. Have you tried a bit of rubber cement at the bottle and tubing connection? Prior to rolling the tubing over the jar.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:07 am 
Emperor
Emperor

westcocanuck2 wrote:
That's a good idea Daryl and nice looking compact build. I also like the diversity of being able to use the PT sensor flashes with any cam, so convenient. Have you tried a bit of rubber cement at the bottle and tubing connection? Prior to rolling the tubing over the jar.

All the other remote slaves have had the jar gooped. They have all had water issues. But with that said they never had the latex over the pig tail. I am hoping I don't need it at all Gary but if need be I will goop or rubber cement the first one that leaks into the jar. Stay tuned til the Saskatchewan rainy season next summer. Lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:48 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Nice job Daryl.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:37 pm 

That looks great Daryl!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:33 am 
King
King

Nice Daryl....real nice!