Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:24 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:38 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Here are two of the wireless builds I have been working on this winter. On the camera/control board/transmitter side one build has a FS7 and the other has an SZ02. They both are paired with two baby slaves on the slave controller/receiver side. Both builds have my plastic snorkels as well. The SZ02 has Jims Pro slave controller on the camera/transmitter side and on the receiver side the baby slaves are controlled with Ralphs SMT slave controllers. With the FS7 the camera/transmitter side has Ralphs SMT camera controller with the flash backpacker and on the receiver side again have Ralphs SMT slave controllers to operate the baby slaves. Everyone has their preferences of how to do things and as a general rule I like running my wires out the top on my camera hacks. With the SZ02 I have hacked that camera 4 times total, twice out the top and twice out the bottom. I find it easier out the bottom as Ralph does it in his video. Thanks to everyone for their input, ideas and help. I am pretty stocked at how these things are performing indoors while testing. Tomorrow they head for the hills ......

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Looks great. Can't wait to see the results in the great outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:08 am 

Nice looking builds Daryl. waiting for the pics......

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:39 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Congrats on a great job Daryl. I know that these have been a labor of love for you for a long time. Lots of trial and error went into these puppies but here they are. I hope that you are still able to get those big bull Elk pics before they drop their antlers, best of luck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

good job! hope you stocked up on boards!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:45 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

westcocanuck2 wrote:
Congrats on a great job Daryl. I know that these have been a labor of love for you for a long time. Lots of trial and error went into these puppies but here they are. I hope that you are still able to get those big bull Elk pics before they drop their antlers, best of luck.

The point of this is for clarity for the benefit other members as well as for myself.

On the slave build, it looks like you're running 6 x "AA"s in parallel for the 1.5v. slave, 3 x "AA"s in series for the Slave board and 2 x "AAA"s for the receiver. No, I don't have x-ray vision, just very similar TR & RX remotes :) Then on the cam side of things. You have 3 x "AA"s in series wired in parallel to another 3 x "AA"s in series for your camera external power. 3 x "AA"s in series for your control board and the internal 12v. A23 cell for the transmitter. Seeing as your leaps and bounds ahead of me in your new builds. I'm very curious to see how much running time you get out of all of these separate components with your power supplies. One question I do have is your power supply for your slave boards. I thought that the slave board needed either a 6v. or a 9v. power supply but yet it appears that you are using a 4.5v. power supply. Can you shed some light on this for me?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:31 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

westcocanuck2 wrote:
westcocanuck2 wrote:

The point of this is for clarity for the benefit other members as well as for myself.

On the slave build, it looks like you're running 6 x "AA"s in parallel for the 1.5v. slave, 3 x "AA"s in series for the Slave board and 2 x "AAA"s for the receiver. No, I don't have x-ray vision, just very similar TR & RX remotes :) Then on the cam side of things. You have 3 x "AA"s in series wired in parallel to another 3 x "AA"s in series for your camera external power. 3 x "AA"s in series for your control board and the internal 12v. A23 cell for the transmitter. Seeing as your leaps and bounds ahead of me in your new builds. I'm very curious to see how much running time you get out of all of these separate components with your power supplies. One question I do have is your power supply for your slave boards. I thought that the slave board needed either a 6v. or a 9v. power supply but yet it appears that you are using a 4.5v. power supply. Can you shed some light on this for me?

You are correct and have everything listed as I have it in these builds.

As far as the SMT slave board I originally was going with a 9volt battery. Due to cost of these things and the duration that they lasted during testing I figured it was best to find an alternate power source if I could. I watched Ralph's newly made video on the wireless and seen a 3 AA cell holder in it. I questioned Ralph and this was his reply.

You can use any power supply from 4.5v up to 16v for the RCDavis board as long as you use the correct power supply for the slave flash being used. What I mean that is,
say for instance you were using a slave flash that requires a 6v power supply. You could use 12volts to power the RCDavis board but would need to wire the 6volt slave
flash positive wire directly to the 6 volt positive power supply wire. Basically you would wire it the same way you would a baby slave flash so that the positive wire
from the slave flash does not connect to the RCDavis board.

Hope that clarifies a few things Gary!

I set these bad boys up today and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived as I had some still photos in these spots with some elk, bulls and cows. Still have their horns as well Gary .. perfect hey..

I will let you know about run time as long as the elk stay in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:09 am 
Royal
Royal

Awesome! ... :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:20 am 
Emperor
Emperor

nice!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm 

Pretty slick!