Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:03 pm

All times are

Post subject: Which control board
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 pm 
Galapagos
Galapagos

I will be using a Nikon L11 for a standard capture situation either on a deer (red, sambar, rusa) wallow or just on a rub tree or trail so the deer should be there for anything from say 4 or 5 seconds up to possibly 10 minutes. I needs to be a 24 hour setup with a white flash. Which control board would best suit my needs a SSII, Bigfoot or Gamewatcher and why? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Which control board
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:29 pm 
King
King

I have and use all 3 and you cant go wrong with any of them. The SSII is better for the smaller cases....the Bigfoot is a good reliable board and the Gamewatcher can be used in smaller cases and is totally bulletproof! I'ts a no-lose situation for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:48 am 
Emperor
Emperor

They all work great. It all depends on the size of case you plan on using and what all you are planning on using in the build ( slave, external power for the camera)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:01 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I have all three, and all have worked well for me. The SS II is the smallest by far, but I prefer using rechargable batteries and the SS II's battery isn't widely available so I've converted mine to run on 9-volt or AAA rechargables (which eliminates the advantage of being small). The Bigfoot's three AAA batteries sit on the board which has enabled me to put AA battery holders for externals above the Bigfoot on the lid of a 1040 case. Here are photos of an L11 in a Pelican 1020 case with an SS II running on three AAA batteries and two sets of two AAs for externals for the camera; and a Sony S40 with a Bigfoot and six AAs for camera externals in a Pelican 1040 (an L11 would fit in the case more easily).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:08 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Woody Meristem wrote:
I have all three, and all have worked well for me. The SS II is the smallest by far, but I prefer using rechargable batteries and the SS II's battery isn't widely available so I've converted mine to run on 9-volt or AAA rechargables (which eliminates the advantage of being small). The Bigfoot's three AAA batteries sit on the board which has enabled me to put AA battery holders for externals above the Bigfoot on the lid of a 1040 case. Here are photos of an L11 in a Pelican 1020 case with an SS II running on three AAA batteries and two sets of two AAs for externals for the camera; and a Sony S40 with a Bigfoot and six AAs for camera externals in a Pelican 1040 (an L11 would fit in the case more easily).

I do exactly the same as Woody so eloquently explained above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All times are