Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:03 am

All times are

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:10 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Not sure what to call this. Anyways it basically a hardwired cam/slave combo to accept up to two slaves via waterproof plugs. You can have two slaves with various lengths of soft 2 pin shielded wire. In the pictures the longest wire is 12'. You could add one more to the build of say 6' and set up the slaves away from the cam. The two plugs in the cam case are wired together as shown inside the case. This can be set up the same as how you would set up wireless except this has less variables to go wrong since its hardwired directly. Also, say If you want to put the slave above your cam a bit higher than the normal distance would be with a remote slave, make another length of wire the desired length of say 4 feet, add two waterproof connector plugs to each end of the wire, connect one end to the cam build, connect the other end to the slave build, set your slave 4 feet above cam and your done. I made two of the slaves with 2800's and one with a baby slave. Another option you have is if you want to convert one or two of the slaves to remote slaves to be paired with any of your existing cameras add your pre made pigtails like the ones shown in the pictures and you now have a couple remote slaves. Make the pigtails what ever length that you like. The CDS on everything shown is placed in a little glass bottle out the bottoms of all the cases. For the pigtails, only the PT sensor is placed in the glass bottle. To hold the glass bottle in front of the camera build flash what I do is use small bungy cord wrapped around the cam. You could use velcro or whatever. The waterproof connectors came from china and are black and blue in color I just painted my blue parts black. Ralphs SMT with the slave flash program is in the build and all the slave cases have his SMT slave controller. Thanks to Ralph for confirming that this all could be accomplished. We had more than one conversation on the subject. :cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:43 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

You have been busy, these look fantastic Daryl and will produce some fine photos I am sure. Those waterproof connectors are great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Pretty darn creative there Daryl, very well done.
Do you find that the wired flash is far more reliable than the wireless flash? Can you post a link as to where to buy these plugs and wire from?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:32 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

Very impressive Daryl. Your camo is great!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

Question Daryl, at the bottom of the cases there's a see through cap with something in it, it it a light sensor?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:55 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
Question Daryl, at the bottom of the cases there's a see through cap with something in it, it it a light sensor?

Hope Daryl doesn't mind me answering for him but yes Trevor, that is the CDS (day/night sensor).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

westcocanuck2 wrote:
Pretty darn creative there Daryl, very well done.
Do you find that the wired flash is far more reliable than the wireless flash? Can you post a link as to where to buy these plugs and wire from?

The hardwire stuff does fire consistently for sure cause it has to. It has its own drawbacks as well. BUT there is many advantages to the wireless as well. I need both for all my applications and specific setups. Without a doubt both have a spot in my backpack each trip out to my setups.

SP13-2 2 pin waterproof connector Power Cable Connectors IP68 Plug Socket ESUS https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2553067598

24AWG UL2547 PVC 2/3-Cores Shielded Signal Wire Headphone Cable Cord 2M/10M https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1754233957

Just type in the SP13-2 2 pin IP68 waterproof connectors and you will get a whack of these show up in your search on eBay.Pick the seller u feel comfortable buying from. I got them from many different sellers. The wire also came from eBay and that seller was great to deal with. The shielded wire is soft and pliable and is shielded with strands of wire inside... A higher AWG may be nicer... but not available from this seller in this type. .. but this is nice stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I'll email you about the particulars of the camo dipping, nice looking patterns.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:56 pm 
King
King

You the man double D! It's amazing how much innovation you been churning out....Great job

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Nice!!

All times are