Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:59 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:33 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Does anyone have experience with this? I wish to extend the life of my Yongnuo RF603N II triggers by soldering a pack of 4 AA batteries. Is this possible and how do I make sure not to completley fry them. I will be using the batteries in a parallel pack as opposed to alternates

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:47 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Although I have never modded the Yong units, I've added 2AA or 2C cell packs to similar units this way- Pop open the transceiver (a few small screws) and find the pads the coiled battery springs are soldered to. Solder your battery wires to those pads. Make a small groove so your new wires can enter and exit the empty battery bay. Re-assemble. As long as your new incoming voltage is near your 2AAA (3.3V) you should be fine.

https://www.instagram.com/caseysmarttphoto/
http://www.caseysmartt.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:58 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Gartooth wrote:
Although I have never modded the Yong units, I've added 2AA or 2C cell packs to similar units this way- Pop open the transceiver (a few small screws) and find the pads the coiled battery springs are soldered to. Solder your battery wires to those pads. Make a small groove so your new wires can enter and exit the empty battery bay. Re-assemble. As long as your new incoming voltage is near your 2AAA (3.3V) you should be fine.

Sweet thanks, just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to fry them completley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I just did the same. There already are openings in the inside of the 603II that you can run the wires through. You will have to make a rather large groove on the battery compartment lid to be able to close it again. I did not solder the wires but folded them around the coils. That way I can always remove the 2AA packs and use AAA batteries when needed.

All times are