Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:53 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:05 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Finished up this Panny FS-15 that can be used with a wireless slave or without for closer pictures. The boards are all RC Davis..snorkel is from Ghosthunter....using 3 18650 for externals and by using a 9v battery to power the boards I was able to keep everything on one side of the case. So far I am really happy with the picture quality from this unit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Looks amazing as always Joe. Like the camo. The pics it takes look dang good to me. I have had a few FS15 and I liked them as well. Gonna haft to do up a few more perhaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:40 pm 
King
King

Really impressive neat work. What board is that as it is different from the ones I got from Ralph. I love the idea of the wireless remote flash option.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:03 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
Really impressive neat work. What board is that as it is different from the ones I got from Ralph. I love the idea of the wireless remote flash option.

Thanks....the board is the basic Safari board with flash programming with a flash backpacker plugged into it and a power backpacker(basically a voltage regulator) plugged into the top of the other 2 boards. Those plug-in boards save a ton of space!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pm 
King
King

Hmm ok I have a couple of safari boards with a flash backpacker. They are different from this. I see yours has 2 seperate knobs i presume for adjusting something. What are they for? I will see if I can post an image of mine here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:23 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
Hmm ok I have a couple of safari boards with a flash backpacker. They are different from this. I see yours has 2 seperate knobs i presume for adjusting something. What are they for? I will see if I can post an image of mine here.

I believe you are looking at the power backpacker that is plugged into the flash backpacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:29 pm 
King
King

That will be it thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Nice looking build and I also like the idea of exposing the focus assist beam for nighttime pics. The picture quality is super, great colour, IQ and very nicely lit. It looks as if it was taken with both the built-in flash and slave, would that be correct?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:43 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

westcocanuck2 wrote:
Nice looking build and I also like the idea of exposing the focus assist beam for nighttime pics. The picture quality is super, great colour, IQ and very nicely lit. It looks as if it was taken with both the built-in flash and slave, would that be correct?

Thank You....the pic was taken with both the cam and slave flash with the iso turned down to 100. The quality might be even a bit better if I would block the camera flash when using the remote slave...eliminating the eye shine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:21 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

zaj56 wrote:
westcocanuck2 wrote:

Thank You....the pic was taken with both the cam and slave flash with the iso turned down to 100. The quality might be even a bit better if I would block the camera flash when using the remote slave...eliminating the eye shine

I agree and it would have in all likelihood but still, a great picture. Oddly enough I'm testing a cam tonight with a wireless slave flash and the built-in flash together.
I would like to see more nighttime pics from this build of yours. I don't know of anyone else besides you, Daryl and myself using these wireless flash units. Hopefully, more folks will jump on board after seeing more posted results.

All times are