Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:55 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

This set has been in the works for a while. Finally got it setup today. Waiting for a rut crazy whitetail buck to show up.

Primary set up as a FS7 in a Pelican 1040. Added a remote baby about 8 feet away, raised 6 feet off ground. 45 degrees to the side. Target area is straight out from FS7, licking branch & scrape.

Baby slave is in an otterbox 3000 with double D's & RAM lag screw mount. Let's hope for the best.

Attachment:
IMG_1746.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

She looks to be on target, in position, and waiting. Can not wait to see the results ... see how the baby slave produces from its position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:24 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Will the baby slave fire from that far away? -- if so, did you just play with the distance and angle to get that setup? I have one babyslave set out now but put the slave right over the camera. Maybe I should experiment more though with the setup possibilities.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:21 am 
Emperor
Emperor

saolaguy wrote:
Will the baby slave fire from that far away? -- if so, did you just play with the distance and angle to get that setup? I have one babyslave set out now but put the slave right over the camera. Maybe I should experiment more though with the setup possibilities.

I'd like to say with 100% confidence, but as you fellow Camtrappers know, each trap location is hard to replicate in "testing" conditions back at home. Most of my setups are infrared and I would never attempt to stretch the distance with IR wavelengths on a remote slave (with a PT for sensing the double flash). I'm hoping that this whiteflash FS7 gives me enough to trigger at 8 feet. Let's hope I can put this one in the "win" column after the next cam check.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:32 am 

Looks like a great set! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:34 pm 
King
King

That is a great set-up Paul! A fs7 with a baby slave gives near perfect pictures. I might add that a wireless slave set-up would eliminate any questions as far as slave distance.....but I already know that is on your bucket list!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:52 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

pdskal wrote:
This set has been in the works for a while. Finally got it setup today. Waiting for a rut crazy whitetail buck to show up.

Primary set up as a FS7 in a Pelican 1040. Added a remote baby about 8 feet away, raised 6 feet off ground. 45 degrees to the side. Target area is straight out from FS7, licking branch & scrape.

Baby slave is in an otterbox 3000 with double D's & RAM lag screw mount. Let's hope for the best.

Attachment:
IMG_1746.JPG

Did you get any night pics of this setup? I would be interested to see some. Thanks Daryl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:05 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

ghosthunters wrote:
pdskal wrote:

Attachment:
IMG_1746.JPG

Did you get any night pics of this setup? I would be interested to see some. Thanks Daryl

Second that! :) would love to see pics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:51 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I did get some pics. At deer camp now, been a fun rut to hunt around here. . When things slow down and I'm back to my computer files I'll post some up. I may have some in my phone here. Let me take a look. I do know I had to adjust the baby slave a bit closer. Just wasn't as reliable as I'd like farther away .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:15 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Here are a few. FS7 paired with an external baby slave with 160 uf cap. RCDavis SMT slave control board. No editing. These were loaded on my iPhone right off the SD card. FS7 was set to vivid color and ISO 400.

Attachment:
IMG_6867.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_6868.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_6869.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_6870.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All times are