All times are

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

http://www.offthepavement.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I was finally able to figure out how to get my computer to open these vids and I'm glad I did. That drainage seems to be a very active spot. Great find for you.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Beautiful animals. You certainly have perfected getting videos of mountain lions, ya done good -- again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 am 
Emperor
Emperor

When I started focusing on mountain lions, fourteen years ago, I would sometimes use a FurFindr audio call or Powder River Cat Call scent lure. But I've chosen not to use any lures because it really limits what I can learn about these apex predators. By forcing myself to really study their habitat and habits I have learned so much more. Now when I'm out I see things that I normally wouldn't see. I wouldn't claim I'm walking around with the vision or thoughts of a mountain lion but I notice connections I wouldn't otherwise.

When I first started trying to get images and footage of mountain lions, there was a lot of luck involved and I'd capture footage every few months. But over time, I'm learning more and now I'm capturing footage weekly.

I look forward to deploying my first 4k video trailcam in January, using the Sony A6300 camera and all of the PIR equipment from Matt at www.camtraptions.com. He's been fantastic to work with. I rarely have to wait more than an hour for him to respond to ALL my communication. An easy decision to purchase the equipment from him. Plus it will be a completely wireless installation inside a completely waterproof box.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:00 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Fourteen years...wow! Really enjoyed hearing your views on lures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:35 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Hello Brad,

I'm hosting a Friday evening presentation and discussion about how I capture this footage, covering A-Z, from the first phone call from a land manager, to using Google Earth for initial scouting, to getting out on the ground to substantiate my assumptions, set up cameras and start the process of learning what's really happening on the ground. I've provided a link. The hike is already full but the presentation on Friday night still has 16 slots available the last time I checked. I hope you can make it. Please spread the word to others who may be interested. What I share will be based on thousands of hours in the field.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/roaming-like-a-mountain-lion-tickets-41176611353?aff=affiliate1

Thanks for your response regarding the not using lures. I feel I'm learning so much more now and I'm a lot more successful securing footage without them.

David

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:32 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

David,
Thanks for the heads up! Just bought my ticket.
If the hike opens up let me know. In the meantime I emailed Kelley to hear about future hikes.
Thanks
Brad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:31 am 
Galapagos
Galapagos

pastorjim08 wrote:
I was finally able to figure out how to get my computer to open these vids and I'm glad I did. That drainage seems to be a very active spot. Great find for you.

Well dont keep it a secret i tear my hair out every night trying to work out how to open them. I have tried 2 different computers 2 phones and a tablet. Even more annoying sometimes they just open but most times not.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:35 am 
Galapagos
Galapagos

pastorjim08 wrote:

Well dont keep that piece of valuable info a secret Pastor. I have tried so many times to no avail.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 am 
Emperor
Emperor

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
pastorjim08 wrote:

Well dont keep that piece of valuable info a secret Pastor. I have tried so many times to no avail.
As I recall, and don't quote me on this, it seems I had to download some sort of flash player. After I did that all the videos started opening. Hope you get it figured out.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

All times are