Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:11 am

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 am 
Galapagos
Galapagos

If i didn't live 14,000 klm away I would be there in a heartbeat!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 am 
Emperor
Emperor

BuckHunterTrailCam, yes, 14,000 km is quite a walkabout. I'm thinking about creating an online version of this workshop, covering the four primary factors, all the pre-scouting tips and techniques, and unique things I do in the field that result in weekly mountain lion footage. I'm sure a lot of this could be leveraged for other predators. I do this so often I don't think about it. But the attendees told me that 90% or more of what I covered was new for them.

I admit, I'm a little crazy about all this, spending three times a week, 52 weeks a year working on it. One of my favorite valleys at 11,000 feet is like having one foot in heaven. Since 1993 I've spent 8,700 hours in that valley. I need therapy. LOL

My focus includes learning all I can, sharing it in a way that educates and motivates more people to spend time off the pavement, and engage more people in real, roll up your sleeves, sweat dripping off your face, wildlife conservation projects.

We invest in those things we care about. We care about those things we have knowledge of. And the best knowledge comes from firsthand experience.

http://www.offthepavement.org

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:22 am 
Galapagos
Galapagos

co_bowhunter wrote:
BuckHunterTrailCam, yes, 14,000 km is quite a walkabout. I'm thinking about creating an online version of this workshop, covering the four primary factors, all the pre-scouting tips and techniques, and unique things I do in the field that result in weekly mountain lion footage. I'm sure a lot of this could be leveraged for other predators. I do this so often I don't think about it. But the attendees told me that 90% or more of what I covered was new for them.

I admit, I'm a little crazy about all this, spending three times a week, 52 weeks a year working on it. One of my favorite valleys at 11,000 feet is like having one foot in heaven. Since 1993 I've spent 8,700 hours in that valley. I need therapy. LOL

My focus includes learning all I can, sharing it in a way that educates and motivates more people to spend time off the pavement, and engage more people in real, roll up your sleeves, sweat dripping off your face, wildlife conservation projects.

We invest in those things we care about. We care about those things we have knowledge of. And the best knowledge comes from firsthand experience.

An online version would be fantastic i would certainly subscribe. Please think about some more i am sure many, many people would be interested. I was in far northern Colorado on the Wyoming border for the month of September. Could be back love to meet you and learn some tricks that would be super.

All times are