Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:14 pm

All times are

Post subject: Red fox from Colorado
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 am 
Emperor
Emperor

If you can't see or play the video below, you can access it at vimeo.com/offthepavement

This is a new area for me. I always start with Google Earth and draw travel and hunting routes for predators based on past experience. Then I go out and validate my assumptions with tracks, feces, and set up cameras where the odds are stacked in my favor. These cameras have only been out for 4 days. There is a very brushy, tree-lined draw to the left, out of the view of the camera, where this fox may have a den. It came into the field from the exact same route two mornings in a row.

http://www.offthepavement.org

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:08 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Beautiful animal and great catch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:38 am 
Galapagos
Galapagos

Which Camera?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Very cool video as usual. Beautiful country too.

I'm guessing you are keeping your eyes peeled for the release of the new BRF with 4K? I am curios if it will be 30 fps.

The 1080 60fps on the Platinums is really good quality- tough to beat. I would like to see them make improvements to the mic and add a scheduler feature.

https://www.instagram.com/caseysmarttphoto/
http://www.caseysmartt.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:25 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I always love anything with foxes as the subject. Great work on your part figuring out where they might be.

Blessings........Pastorjim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:31 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Another dandy by David. I really like how you fade the video takes into one another.
I just bought some of those Recon Force Platinum 2017 models and so far am quite happy with them. So thank you to both David and Casey for steering me in that direction.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Nice catch on the fox trying but only getting skunk at the den!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:49 am 
Emperor
Emperor

The camera I'm using here is an older Browning Recon Force Platinum. If you are going to purchase one of these cameras, buy the latest model, the Browning Recon Force Extreme.
The Browning Recon Force 4k that is scheduled to be out in June (slipped from March) will be the standard 24 fps based on information from Browning. The information I receive from Browning is all over the map. It's obvious that the left hand isn't communicating with the right hand. But aside from training issues, I'm thrilled with the quality of the video.

The audio is another story. Just about every clip has a high pitched whine to it. And yes, a scheduler would be super handy, avoiding all those day time false triggers when I'm only after night time clips.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope this additional information is helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:14 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

co_bowhunter wrote:
The camera I'm using here is an older Browning Recon Force Platinum. If you are going to purchase one of these cameras, buy the latest model, the Browning Recon Force Extreme.
The Browning Recon Force 4k that is scheduled to be out in June (slipped from March) will be the standard 24 fps based on information from Browning. The information I receive from Browning is all over the map. It's obvious that the left hand isn't communicating with the right hand. But aside from training issues, I'm thrilled with the quality of the video.

The audio is another story. Just about every clip has a high pitched whine to it. And yes, a scheduler would be super handy, avoiding all those day time false triggers when I'm only after night time clips.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope this additional information is helpful.

I should have got off my :mooning and checked which cams I have. The cams I bought are the Browning Recon Force Extreme model BTC-7FHD-PX and not the Platinum :bag

Can I pull frames off of the 60i videos? So far I have only done it with 30p videos. Do you notice much of a difference between the 30 progressive and the 60 interlace videos? I have always been led to believe that a slower frame rate in progressive is better than a faster frame rate in interlace. That the faster interlace is good for fast moving subjects only. I have much to learn with this video stuff and any advice is welcome by me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:36 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Okay, glad you have the extreme model. I use Adobe Lightroom to turn video frames into images. I find the images from the extreme footage, both day and night but especially night footage, are much better.

Attachment:
LionSitting - Copy.jpg

I like Adobe Lightroom because I can advance one frame at a time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All times are