Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:12 am

All times are

Post subject: More fox pics
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

For about a month now, every since I discovered a fox visiting my back yard, I have been trying to get a few really nice pics of him. Seems like little things seem to keep going wrong. I've been using my Sony W7 and it seems to be getting alot of eye shine which sometimes washes out the pics. Here's a few from the W7 that turned out a little better. I'm switching the camera out to a P41, since the subject is so close. Hopefully I will get improved results.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: More fox pics
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Does that W7 have an S600 capacitor modification? Seems like a super bright flash. Looks to me that you have the ISO set too high and or the flash setting too high. Just a suggestion Jim but have you tried the following: AUTO ISO or ISO 100, and the FLASH SETTING - MED or LOW. If not then your P41 at closer range should also tone down the flash considerability. None of which will illuminate the dreaded eye shine but it will tone it down. I would also deploy both cams :luck and see what happens.

I've also found that setting the cam lower than the subjects head will greatly reduce the white out effect of the eyes. The subject has to closer to the cam for this to work effectively though. Great to have such a cooperative and regular subject in your yard. Good to see you posting pics again, keep at it and be sure to keep us posted :awesome

Post subject: Re: More fox pics
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Also, try using the red-eye setting. The pre-flash burst will cause the pupil to shut down.

All times are