Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:54 am

All times are

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:26 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

All pics from my good ol' S600 cams.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:39 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Great pics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:04 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Awesome shots

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:48 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I love the camera angle on the first few shots and the wolf seemed to have a unique coloration. Nice shots all!

Blessings...........Pastorjim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:03 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Another batch of very, very nice photos -- well done sir.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another amazing bunch of very diverse wildlife images. Good job.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 am 
Emperor
Emperor

:D thanks
Jim,
That cam is bolted onto a ground level root about 10" off the ground. The cam is about 4 ft. from where I had envisioned the subjects to stand coming up a little 8 ft. rise. I aimed the cam to take in the top part of the rise (another exposed root). My goal was to capture still frontal shots of the subject either approaching, standing on the root or over it. My fav is of the paw stepping over the root. To set up my aim I used my dog as a test subject :) I figured a pic of the subject looking down to the cam from that mound would be unique. I also knew that rear end shots would also be unique, especially with the rare turned heads pose. You really can't lose with this type of cam placement for unique pictures I think. This is a close-up set and you can never expect to capture a full body shot of an Elk, which is fine and I knew that. My main target and in keeping with my goal this year, was Cougar but I did not expect to get one so quick. When my first subject, the Cougar came to my set he gave me a profile shot.....which was an unexpected bonus, and I hope that I get more like that. Originally I hung up a Ziploc baggie (it's all I had) from a string above my cam to draw the subjects attention and have them look upwards, no eyeshine and you will still see the colour of their irises. This no doubt caused the cat to turn profile to the cam to avoid the bag. The bag has since been removed and I will install Turkey feathers in place instead.

This trail actually has a fork at the entrance with this set being on the main trail. A Wolf as you may remember, came running up this trail last week and ran up the other trail. The Wolf was hunting and running fast so even if he did use this trail. I would have had a pic of scenery only. He and his counterparts will be back and perhaps the Turkey feathers will catch their attention before they see the cam, that's my goal. That will slow them down and have them approach slowly. In the perfect world with Mother nature on my side. I should get some clear frontal shots of a Wolf :luck

I wanted to mention that my biggest concern was the backlighting. I have my cam set to MULTI METERING and AUTO ISO with LOW FLASH. The flash I expect will fire in most all circumstances and hopefully the subject is taking up much of the frame. That is about all I can do to offset the back lighting that I could think of. Hopefully the foliage will fill in some more and solve that problem. Nighttime flash as seen with the Cougar, should be nicely lit I would imagine. Here are the pics from my test subject, the Cougar and the Wolf entering the forked trail from the open end.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Array

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:16 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Certainly cool catches. When l first looked at them l thought to myself that cam is on the ground (l have one on a log on the ground) ;) Of course later as l scrolled down the page l read your explanation. When l read your reference to a turkey feather l recalled reading that on www.trapperman.com :awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 pm 
King
King

Wow great set. All fantastic pictures but I really like the bear ones...feels like you are right there!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:37 pm 
Royal
Royal

Another great collection from the island.

All times are