Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:08 am

All times are

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:32 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

There are many ways to do a build and this just happens to be one of them. For those who have Bears or fear the likelihood of theft where you cam trap. Then I hope that you may find this of some interest.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:09 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Great pictorial of the process you utilize in some of your builds Gary. Do you put all of your cams in the bear boxes or just the ones where theft and or bears is most likely?
Also like the economical and easy way you camo and blend in these boxes. Probably way less likely to spot than a plain grey electrical box hanging on a tree in the woods. Very very nice and informative ... Thanks for posting ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:48 am 

Nice work Gary, those disconnect boxes seem to work nicely to protect the cams and your tutorial is well done as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:32 pm 

Very nice! That box seems to fit the 1020 just right!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:55 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[quote="ghosthunters"]Great pictorial of the process you utilize in some of your builds Gary. Do you put all of your cams in the bear boxes or just the ones where theft and or bears is most likely?
Also like the economical and easy way you camo and blend in these boxes. Probably way less likely to spot than a plain grey electrical box hanging on a tree in the woods. Very very nice and informative ... Thanks for posting ..

Hey Daryl, yes all of my cams are in steel cases like these. All of these pics are with the Pelican 1020 case with exception to the last picture. That one, the duct tape model is a 1040 case. I just looked for an electrical box box that it fit into nicely. The boxes can be had between 20.00 for the smaller one to 40.00 to the larger one, up here in Canada that is. Where the price of most things is expensive compared to the US. I don't use the pipe through method on my cams because of the Bears. Besides the steel boxes allow me bolt them exactly into a position so that all of my pics will have the exact same background. I have never lost a cam to a Bear or a human since going with this method. My boxes are camoed not for the animals but for people. I also use twigs, moss, leaves, branches and anything else that is present around my sets. Then painstakingly surround my boxes with only the openings exposed. Avoiding detection is priority one in my books.

Here are pics of the outer flash gasket that I use on the inside of the steel Bear boxes. As well as a pic of two units covered with the camo wrap. Which BTW, wraps on and stays put even after Bears have been clawing at it. These two particular patterns are my favourites and they both work very good.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:04 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

The grey/white pattern would work well in my area. Both patterns would blend in most places I would suspect ... I am a camo junky.. Like that stuff .. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:13 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks John, Jeremi.

Tutorials are an integral part of this forum and I figured that it was high time that I posted one of my own.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Excellent, You're quite the craftsman.

All times are