Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 am

All times are

Post subject: Amazon Batteries
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:40 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I've been using Amazon Basics 2400 mah AA rechargable batteries in both my homebrewed and commercial cameras, they've given very good service. But my latest order of those batteries were made in China rather than Japan. I've had Chinese-made 2400 mah AA rechargable batteries in the past -- they wouldn't hold a charge and I've never bought them again. Unless Amazon goes back to having their batteries made in Japan these are my last Amazon Basics.

Post subject: Re: Amazon Batteries
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Were the new ones you got black with a pair of green leaves on one end? Those are the ones I have and made in Japan land. I know that Amazon Basics does make some Chinese versions and they are cheaper and in a different cell wrapper. Can you post a pic of the cells you bought ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:28 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I probably have 80 (maybe more) Amazon Basics AA rechargable 2400mah batteries, they're all gray with a green band at the positive end. Until this batch those were all made in Japan, supposedly at the same factory that makes Energizer, Imedion and Eneloops. The upper battery in the photo is one of the Japanese-made batteries and the lower one is one of the batteries from China. The image on Amazon's website is still of the Japanese-made version. I have both Rayovac and Tenergy batteries made in China and would never by either one again.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:12 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Woody Meristem wrote:
I probably have 80 (maybe more) Amazon Basics AA rechargable 2400mah batteries, they're all gray with a green band at the positive end. Until this batch those were all made in Japan, supposedly at the same factory that makes Energizer, Imedion and Eneloops. The upper battery in the photo is one of the Japanese-made batteries and the lower one is one of the batteries from China. The image on Amazon's website is still of the Japanese-made version. I have both Rayovac and Tenergy batteries made in China and would never by either one again.

I bought some of the amazon batteries with the wider green band as well Woody. I guess they were from china.... I hope they work as well as the other ones you show in the pictures with the narrower band cause those ones are awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

That's too bad Woody, I find that you really have to look hard to find out where things are made nowadays. It's no mistake that many companies deliberately hide where things are made. If it's made in Japan, USA, Canada, Germany, Italy and so on and so on. They will proudly display that fact as a selling point. They must have been cheaper than the original ones you bought, correct?

I have these ones and all made in Japan (see pics). I would be willing to sell anybody a bunch of the "AAA" cells cheap. No more than 6 charges on any of them. I bought them to use in my remote flashes but 2 x 1.2v = 2.4v and what I needed was 2 x 1.5v = 3v.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:58 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

The ones I bought like Woody has mentioned are from China ... they were the same price as the Japan made ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:16 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

ghosthunters wrote:
The ones I bought like Woody has mentioned are from China ... they were the same price as the Japan made ones

Well that's just plain wrong, were your advertised as made in China?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Nope

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

No they weren't advertised as Chinese-made, although the batteries are marked Made in China. The image on Amazon's website is of the Japanese-made batteries. On the website the 1900 mah are shown as Made in China. Unless the factory in Japan has shut down and all 2400 mah rechargeables are made in China I'm done with Amazon batteries.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:39 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Woody Meristem wrote:
No they weren't advertised as Chinese-made, although the batteries are marked Made in China. The image on Amazon's website is of the Japanese-made batteries. On the website the 1900 mah are shown as Made in China. Unless the factory in Japan has shut down and all 2400 mah rechargeables are made in China I'm done with Amazon batteries.

I would send them back and but Lada Ni-MH 2450 cells from Ikea. They are Japanese cells and are the cheapest Ni-MH cells on the market.

All times are