It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm

All times are

Post subject: Re: Panasonic fs7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:17 am 
Emperor
Emperor

ghosthunters wrote:
saltlick wrote:
I am finally looking at building this cam. I see the hack is the same as the fs6 which has a tutorial but I don’t see anything for the external hack. Anybody know where I can find that? Thanks
Are you just looking for the solder contact spots for externals ?

Also I contacted Ralph as he routes the wires different and sent me pics of how he does it. I have the pics on my other computer but I will track them down and post them here. Again it’s the way Ralph runs his wires and should show where to solder the neg and pos for externals and how to route them. Hope that’s what u are requiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is what I am looking for. I did see some run their wires through the tripod mount hole and others like you out the top. I think I will do like you, out the top. But the main thing I am looking for now is the neg and pos solder points. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:10 am 
Emperor
Emperor

saltlick wrote:
ghosthunters wrote:
saltlick wrote:
I am finally looking at building this cam. I see the hack is the same as the fs6 which has a tutorial but I don’t see anything for the external hack. Anybody know where I can find that? Thanks

Also I contacted Ralph as he routes the wires different and sent me pics of how he does it. I have the pics on my other computer but I will track them down and post them here. Again it’s the way Ralph runs his wires and should show where to solder the neg and pos for externals and how to route them. Hope that’s what u are requiring

Yes, that is what I am looking for. I did see some run their wires through the tripod mount hole and others like you out the top. I think I will do like you, out the top. But the main thing I am looking for now is the neg and pos solder points. Thanks
I will try to get that to you tonight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:11 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

saltlick wrote:
ghosthunters wrote:
saltlick wrote:

I run my wires different than what Ralph does here. But this way is better as no tight spots or pressure spots that pinch the wires. I do it this way now. Less issues. Ralph sent me this in 2020. It is his pics and tutorial.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:30 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I posted all this on the hack tutorial section as well

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:13 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Great. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

All times are