Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:33 am

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:06 am 
Gentoo
Gentoo

I've been thinking about this. How do you guys align the flash on your unit, to the center point of the target? Do you just eyeball it, or do you have a way to measure it out.... Left to right seems pretty straight forward to me, but the up and down seems like there could be room for error... So I got thinking about it, what if a guy took a laser pointer, and laid it across the top of your flash unit case, and pointed the laser pointer out towards where you want the center of the flash to be? Granted, you would need a pretty flat surface on top of flash unit to lay the laser pointer across. Have any of you guys come up with something like this to center up your flash direction? Maybe I'm over thinking things a bit too much, but thought it might help.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:09 am 

Just eyeball and you can usually get pretty close. You could probably drill a hole in the flash case and mount the laser and add a switch so you can turn it on and off as needed to get your aim.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:11 am 
Gentoo
Gentoo

johnnydeerhunter wrote:
Just eyeball and you can usually get pretty close. You could probably drill a hole in the flash case and mount the laser and add a switch so you can turn it on and off as needed to get your aim.

ya, I'm probably over thinking it, just thought it might take a little of the guessing game out of it.... maybe I will try to find something that would work and give it a try.

All times are