Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 am

All times are

Post subject: Problems with A402
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:45 am 
Royal
Royal

Looking for help, I have been trying with not much luck to work out what might be the problem. My A402 & SS board has in the past never let me down. However now it has started to do all sorts of things, like fail to power on, stay on but not take an image, walk test not work, intermittently work. perfectly in the day - some days, take 2 flash images then refuse to take any more. etc etc. I have replaced, the card, with a new one (even formatted the card in the camera), batteries in the camera and the board, replaced all wiring. checked all solder joints. Replaced the board with a brand new SSII, board. Changed all settings, rang Gary a couple of times to ask his opinion. Lastly the camera works perfectly outside the build, the hack works every time I have checked it. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Problems with A402
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am 
Emperor
Emperor

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
Looking for help, I have been trying with not much luck to work out what might be the problem. My A402 & SS board has in the past never let me down. However now it has started to do all sorts of things, like fail to power on, stay on but not take an image, walk test not work, intermittently work. perfectly in the day - some days, take 2 flash images then refuse to take any more. etc etc. I have replaced, the card, with a new one (even formatted the card in the camera), batteries in the camera and the board, replaced all wiring. checked all solder joints. Replaced the board with a brand new SSII, board. Changed all settings, rang Gary a couple of times to ask his opinion. Lastly the camera works perfectly outside the build, the hack works every time I have checked it. Thanks.

This may not be of help but if it were me. I would still concentrate on the control board battery as the problem. I've also had similar problems as you have described and simply changed the board battery with a fresh one. First thing is to clean all battery contacts with isopropyl alcohol. Make sure that the batteries have at least 3.5v - 3.7v to start with. Funny things can develop like you have described when the voltage drops a few 10ths. of a volt. Even at sufficient voltage, I've had the odd "new" bad battery.

The voltage regulator on the SSII can handle up to 12 Volts. So you can also add another power source if you want and just do away with the 3.6v stock battery. Other members here have done this and have not had any more related problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

As long as there's room in the build, I've converted all my SS IIs to run on either three AAA or 9-volt batteries. Plus I use rechargables in all my builds and always replace the board batteries when I check my cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:01 pm 
Royal
Royal

westcocanuck2 wrote:
buckhuntertrailcam wrote:

This may not be of help but if it were me. I would still concentrate on the control board battery as the problem. I've also had similar problems as you have described and simply changed the board battery with a fresh one. First thing is to clean all battery contacts with isopropyl alcohol. Make sure that the batteries have at least 3.5v - 3.7v to start with. Funny things can develop like you have described when the voltage drops a few 10ths. of a volt. Even at sufficient voltage, I've had the odd "new" bad battery.

The voltage regulator on the SSII can handle up to 12 Volts. So you can also add another power source if you want and just do away with the 3.6v stock battery. Other members here have done this and have not had any more related problems.

Sorry, I have given you a bum steer with the board it is a Simple Sniper generation 2, with LCD screen. The original board was a Simple Sniper with the LCD board. This is an up grade of the earlier one both run on a 9V battery; I have tried 3, a rechargeable and 2 Energizers both brand new, with a voltage reading of 9.3V. At this stage I give up and will put it down to something wrong with the camera. If I could get another camera A402 I would as it was so good to me for so long. On the other hand I guess I should look for a more modern camera?

All times are