Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:30 pm

All times are

Post subject: Best active IR trigger?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:34 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Hello, I'm working on building my first camera trap using an old Canon 6D and a couple SB-28 flashes I have already wired up. Now I need to get an IR trigger. I want to use active IR because some of the animals I'd like to target are ectotherms (e.g. reptiles and amphibians). I was following Emmanuel Rondeau's e-book, and originally planning on using a TrailMaster, but recently he told me he has switched to Cognisys. I'm wondering if anyone here has used the Cognisys Scout (I believe there are both PIR and AIR versions). If so, how does it compare to the TrailMaster. Are there any other options you would recommend I look into?

Thanks very much!
Zach

www.zacharycava.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:48 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I have been using the Cognisys Scout AIR for a little over a month now. So far it has been working out very well. I was also looking for a TrailMaster but was unable to find one. The Scout is easy to set up and program and has only given me false triggers when high winds are blowing a lot of snow past the sensor. I previously used a PIR Camtraptions trigger which would give me multiple false triggers and drain my flash batteries. I have been very happy with it so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:33 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I used the cognisis scout in the jungle of peru and it false triggered all the time, it was set off by the heat, the sun so in jungles I wouldent reccomend it. the trailmasters are the tits but just expensive

All times are