Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:51 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:33 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I've got an original SS and P32 that I have had for a couple years with no problems. Started acting funny a couple weeks ago. The camera appears to be functioning properly and I don't have any issues with the flex cable and connections. When I take out the 9-volt and put it back in, the board goes through its test mode, blinks 5 times after no motion sensed for 45 seconds, and then functions properly. It will detect motion and take a picture. If I shut the board off with the switch, take out camera, put it back in, and turn the power switch on it no longer will detect motion. If I take the 9-volt out and put it back in, it will go through the same process and work properly. Once again, if I shut the power off with the switch and turn it back on, it does not function. It will continue this pattern, never functioning after I shut it off with the switch and turn it back on, but always functioning if I remove the battery and put it back in. Any ideas?

Todd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 pm 
Royal
Royal

On the SSI board all the switch shuts off is the PIR, not the entire board. Unless you redid it in the power wire. Sounds to me like something is wrong with or going wrong with the switch. I personally snip the switch wires off and solder them together and just run the board with the battery.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:32 am 

Like S2S said that switch is only for the pir, after you turn it back on you won't get the walk test light blinking but the camera should turn itself on and start taking pictures again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:07 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

I have been busy working and have not been able to look at this camera yet. However, I have it sitting next to my home office desk and have noticed that the camera periocially turns on. It does not take a picture and the PIR switch is off. Does the SS periodically turn the camera on to charge the flash cap or is this simply a symptom of the problem I am trying to diagnose?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 am 

That's normal to recharge the cap. Normal as long as you have a battery in the board

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 am 
Gentoo
Gentoo

Yes it will turn the camera on periodically to charge the flash cap at the interval you programmed.

Edit....you fast Johnny! :bleh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:51 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Ok, thanks. I am simply using the default proram that came with the board and I do have a battery in the board.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:18 pm 
Royal
Royal

That would turn the camera on once about every 60 minutes then for about 10-15 seconds.

All times are