Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 am

All times are

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:30 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Thoughts on which commercial cams take the best video and have the best trigger speeds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:43 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I like the Browning Recon Force cameras, and have both the Platinum and Extreme versions -- can't see any difference between the videos they take. I have the Browning Special Ops and the Platinum version -- their daytime videos are as good as the Recon Forces' but the night videos aren't very good. My Browning Strike Force cameras produce good night videos, but the day videos leave something to be desired. I also have several Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressors which produce good videos night and day. Since I purchased all my commercial cameras on sale as discontinued or discounted versions they all cost about the same and were 1/2 to 2/3 the price of the newest versions. The Brownings are a bit smaller than the Bushnells and seem to be better built; most researchers seem to like the Bushnells and they have a good reputation for reliability, but so do the Brownings.

I doubt you'd be able to detect any difference in trigger speed, although I'm sure an instrument could find a difference -- they're both much better than any of my homebrewed video cams.

Although I like my homebrews and have gotten some really good photos from them I doubt I'll ever build another, the quality of the videos from commercial cameras is now such that any new cameras I get will be commercial ones.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:58 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I agree Woody, the detection range, trigger speed and video quality can't be beaten. Especially with the ones that take 1920 x 1080 HD video. The new Browning Recon Force Advantage, takes the best quality video - 60 frames a second, most others only take 30 or even less frames per second. I have a couple of Brownings and a few Bushnells. Only my Bushnell takes 1920 x 1080 HD video and it is plainly far superior to the ones that take 720p video. I look forward to other opinions and experiences.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:43 am 

Spartan should have the SR3 available in June, it's a non cellular, palm sized whiteflash camera. Xenon strobe for pictures and LEDs for videos. Here's a few sample videos. There will be a blackflash version to follow as well.

https://youtu.be/nWHjKieSE2c

https://youtu.be/OS0B_qgRAps

https://youtu.be/5kLj7h1D02A

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:42 am 
Emperor
Emperor

johnnydeerhunter wrote:
Spartan should have the SR3 available in June, it's a non cellular, palm sized whiteflash camera. Xenon strobe for pictures and LEDs for videos. Here's a few sample videos. There will be a blackflash version to follow as well.

https://youtu.be/nWHjKieSE2c

https://youtu.be/OS0B_qgRAps

https://youtu.be/5kLj7h1D02A

Hey JDH,
The videos look exceptional and better than the Browning Recon Force cams I've been using to date. Both day and night videos blow my Browning Recon Force cams out of the water. The overall scene looks pretty well in focus with sharp details and accurate colours that appeals to me.

How can this camera take colour videos at night with LED lighting?

I know nothing about these cams, are they made in the USA?

Any foreseeable idea on the price?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:53 pm 

LED's are no problem for video. I'm not sure on cost yet but they are supposed to be very reasonably priced. They are not US made but just like other Spartan products the headquarters are located in Georgia.

Attachment:
Attach111038_20200109_170707B.jpg

Attachment:
Attach111037_20200109_170707.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Yer I must I was surprised to see colour night video. Now is that because of a floodlight effect? What about colour night images without white flash?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:43 pm 

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
Yer I must I was surprised to see colour night video. Now is that because of a floodlight effect? What about colour night images without white flash?

This is a totally color/whiteflash camera. The still pictures use a strobe flash like an s600 or P41. The videos use white LEDs. Everything is packed into that tiny little unit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:56 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

johnnydeerhunter wrote:

This is a totally color/whiteflash camera. The still pictures use a strobe flash like an s600 or P41. The videos use white LEDs. Everything is packed into that tiny little unit.

Ok I understand thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:27 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

johnnydeerhunter wrote:

Then this is a first for me to see a video cam take nighttime videos using LED lighting that makes the video colour, instead of black and white. This is a breakthrough in commercial video cams and I for one welcome it. I am very impressed with what I have seen. Be sure to keep us updated on this bad mamma jamma.

All times are