Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:32 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 am 
Gentoo
Gentoo

Simply awesome shots! May I ask, what aperture you are using on those, the Bobcat looks to be really open, F5.6?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:40 pm 
Galapagos
Galapagos

Bones wrote:
Simply awesome shots! May I ask, what aperture you are using on those, the Bobcat looks to be really open, F5.6?

I was set at F8 on the 35 and the 50mm. The focus point was set farther out on the 35mm and the near subjects were soft. I moved the focus point in with the 50 thinking it would be okay, even did a few test shots. But I moved it a little closer than I should have making the distance subjects soft. Killed me on a great Bob that sat at the very end of the snag watching the light show.

The 35 is back on the camera set to F11, will be checking again tomorrow.

DP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:05 am 
King
King

That cat is way off in another world. No flash upsetting him or the puma for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Cool!

Are you using a Metabones adapter for your 50mm?

https://www.instagram.com/caseysmarttphoto/
http://www.caseysmartt.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:15 pm 
Galapagos
Galapagos

Gartooth wrote:
Cool!

Are you using a Metabones adapter for your 50mm?

The lens I used for this shot is a 1975 vintage F mount Nikkor. There was nothing electronic about it. I have to preset the focus to where I think my shot is going to be. Metabones makes several versions of the Nikon F to Sony FE mount. The electronic version runs around $500. The manual lens mount around $110. Both are excellent and I do have a Metabones manual lens mount I use on my handheld camera.

For the camera traps on Sony full frame cameras I have been using the Viltrox Mounts. Good Quality for around $35. For the crop sensors like the NEX-5N and the A6000 I've been using the Viltrox Speed Booster which reduces the image size to fit the entire image onto the cropped (2/3) APS-C sensor. So a 50mm full frame lens remains a 50mm image on the cropped sensor. The Viltrox Speed Booster can be had for around $80 and I have not yet been disappointed with the image quality. I'll post a full frame and cropped image from an A6000 using a Nikkor 50mm F2, and the Viltrox Speed Booster.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All times are