Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:11 pm

All times are

Post subject: DSLR set
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:52 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

I’ve had this same set for a couple months now, and had the one pic of a Bobcat, but didn’t get the whole cat in the frame, so now I added the rocks to the place I hope he stops. Finally took some pics of the set. You can see the camera on the ground to the right, and the one flash is up above on the tree. I have another flash out to the right, but its out of sight in this pic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: DSLR set
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:18 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Cool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:36 am 

Nice set, hopefully the kitty cooperates

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19 pm 
Fledgling
Fledgling

He or she will think they are walking down the red carpet in Hollywood.

Nice set up ..Did you add any scent to the place ..why would a bobcat come by that particular place...I would like to try it , we have many bobcats here in Tennessee?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

I did add some cat scent to the pile of rocks, but don’t recall the name of it right now. This particular location is a very narrow ridge, that lots of critters walk down. It has sharp drop offs on both sides of it. So I get deer, turkeys, coon, and an occasional bobcat stroll through my setup. I’ve had it out for several weeks now, batteries are probably dead, so I’m hoping to check on it this weekend or early next week. I’ll attach the one pic I got of one a couple months ago, only got part of the cat, but I now added the rocks, hoping he or she stop to check it out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:46 pm 
Galapagos
Galapagos

Great Camera set. I like that overhead flash, really adds to the night time image quality. I would tilt the camera up slightly but make sure the bottom of the log is still in the image. What was your shutter speed, Flash sync and daytime photography are difficult when your subject is moving. Tell us about your camera, what are you using?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:25 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Keep us posted ... ain’t this fun ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:22 pm 
Gentoo
Gentoo

danpotter6 wrote:
Great Camera set. I like that overhead flash, really adds to the night time image quality. I would tilt the camera up slightly but make sure the bottom of the log is still in the image. What was your shutter speed, Flash sync and daytime photography are difficult when your subject is moving. Tell us about your camera, what are you using?

I have a Canon T5 in it, with a 18-55mm kit lense.
I put the ISO at 200 I believe.
I use to have it on full auto everything, but the last time out I changed it up and tried setting the focus to those pile of rocks. I think I set it at F/8.... 1/250 sec.....
I don't remember exactly what flashes I used, I wanna say 270 ex canon flashes, that are hard wired to the flash hotshoe on camera.

so, not sure if you guys remember, but I have been having trouble with it flashing at night. It would flash during the day (on ETTL) but the pics I got at night, were completely black, no flash. When I went to check on it the last time, it still had battery power in the flash units, so not thinking it's a battery problem with the remote flashes.... Somebody suggested changing it up this time to manual everything, that sometimes these things are funny acting, especially on full auto, so I tried just that, switched it all to full manual....

I hope to get out this weekend or early next week to see what happened this time. I may end up bringing it home with me if still is not flashing correctly.... It's weird though, because it would flash during the day when I was setting it up before, just not at night.

All times are