Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:45 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:07 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

This is a mature male Cougar whose territory lays within a large river estuary. His home is in a coastal temperate rainforest on the outer South West coast of Vancouver Island. This video was captured along a well used game trail frequented by Roosevelt Elk, Black Bear, Black-tail Deer, Raccoon, Mink and the occasional Wolf.
Here's the link to that video:

Array

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:41 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Beautiful animal -- those are quite some feet. Very nice video, what camera?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:11 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Great video. You have definitely hit the jackpot!

Blessings.........Pastorjim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:14 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Very nice clip -- my pumas just keep going in one direction. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:20 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks fellas,
I use the Browning Recon Force Extreme 1080p @ 30 fps.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Totally awesome video of a gorgeous cat!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:34 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Cats are so cool ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:14 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Great footage! The Browning Recon Force Extreme actually records 1080p at 60 frames per second. I've included some file information from a recent clip.

Attachment:
Extreme60fps.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.offthepavement.org

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 am 
Emperor
Emperor

co_bowhunter wrote:
Great footage! The Browning Recon Force Extreme actually records 1080p at 60 frames per second. I've included some file information from a recent clip.

Attachment:
Extreme60fps.jpg

This has always been a contentious subject with me because I hate to be lied to or deceived and having to spend a 1,000.00 to find out the hard way, really gets me mad. I don't mean anything personal David nor do I want my point of view to be taken out of context. I just want to explain what I know, to the best of knowledge, to be true. Agree or disagree, I encourage anyone who is interested to check this out further for themselves.

So yes, I'm aware of that Browning advertises it to record in 1080p @ 60fps & 30fps. They also advertise that it is 1920 x 1080 Full HD but nowhere, not anywhere does Browning state that it records in 1080p @ 60fps. They do that for good reason too. That's because it records at 60 "partial" frames per second (1080i or interlace) and at 30 "full frames" per second (1080p or progressive) but not both in 1080p as they have led us all to believe. Now that's the part that gets my goat most of all. There's a fine line between being deceitful and lying but in the end they make the sales. After 2 phone calls to Browning, this has been confirmed. The phone rep didn't know BTW, he had to contact his superior to find this out for me.

Personally, I can see no visible difference between the 1080i @ 60fps and the 1080p @ 30fps, none whatsoever. Not in freeze frame or in stills grabbed from video but that is to be expected. Nor did I see any difference in the few videos that I have taken. Now, if you were to compare 1080p @ 60fps and 1080i @ 60fps. The 1080p @ 60fps will be better in video quality and in particular, in motion blur reduction. As to how much better, I can't say for sure. In large part, I would think that depends on what format the video is being viewed. I don't imagine that the stills grabbed from videos will be any different though. BTW, The Browning rep also told me that there have been no changes in the video quality between the Recon Force Advantage (2017) and the Recon Force Extreme (2018) cameras. I can't confirm this because I don't own the newest one.

Now, if what Browning says is to be true. Their new Recon Force 4k camera will be the very first. That it will actually record in both 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps and that is exactly how they have it printed in their operating manual. You will not find any other trail camera manufacturer that words their cameras that way, past, present, Browning or otherwise. Funny that nobody else who claims that their cams record in 1080p @ 60fps & 30fps has never clearly advertised it in this exact and clear manner. My point of this whole thing is how these manufacturers use all this misleading hype to make the sales. I guess that we will have to wait and see and decide for ourselves if this latest greatest 4k camera is everything that they hype it to be.

Anyhow, that's enough of my personal rant, I think that I best :Zipit now.

Array

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Very interesting Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All times are