Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:09 am

All times are

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:55 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Hello all, anyone remember how yeticam boards were ordered? Were they cam specific? I have one for a p32 and would like to use a s40 with it, would it work or will I need another chip for it? If I do, does anyone have a spare they would part with?
Thanks!

fmb aka Killet on Hags

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:22 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I've got four Yeti boards (all for P32s) and, as I recall, the boards were either type 1, 2, or 3. I've converted three of those boards to use with Nikon L11s; but those are both what would be called a Type 2 camera while an S40 is a Type 3. Attached is a Yeti manual that has instructions (on page 16) for converting a board from controlling a 3-wire camera to one using 4-wires -- that's what I had to do to use the L11s -- but I don't think the board will control a fast-hacked S40 without a new chip.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:31 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[quote="Woody Meristem"]I've got four Yeti boards (all for P32s) and, as I recall, the boards were either type 1, 2, or 3. I've converted three of those boards to use with Nikon L11s; but those are both what would be called a Type 2 camera while an S40 is a Type 3. Attached is a Yeti manual that has instructions (on page 16) for converting a board from controlling a 3-wire camera to one using 4-wires -- that's what I had to do to use the L11s -- but I don't think the board will control a fast-hacked S40 without a new chip.[/quote]
Thanks Woody....I am still using a couple of Yetis with s-600s and that manual might come in handy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Thanks Woody, thats going to be very helpful, another question, I see an imprint around the PIR on these boards, is that for turning the PIR for a vertical mount instead of a horizontal mount?
Thanks again

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:18 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Quote:
imprint around the PIR on these boards, is that for turning the PIR for a vertical mount instead of a horizontal mount?

Sorry, I can't help you there, maybe someone else knows more about the Yetis than I do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:16 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

I think the imprint is for the PIR to be mounted on either the front or back of board so you get it positioned correctly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:37 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

[quote="fmb"]Hello all, anyone remember how yeticam boards were ordered? Were they cam specific? I have one for a p32 and would like to use a s40 with it, would it work or will I need another chip for it? If I do, does anyone have a spare they would part with?
Thanks!

fmb aka Killet on Hags[/quote]
I have a chip that I am about 80% sure is a fast hack s-40 chip for a Yeti Board.. you can have it if you want it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:02 am 
Fledgling
Fledgling

Thanks zaj56 but the s40 I have is already wired with a 3 wire hack. I'm guessing thats not a fast hack? Would the chip still work?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:27 am 
Emperor
Emperor

I honestly don’t know ... Ken or Woody might have the answer to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 am 
Emperor
Emperor

If your S40 is a three wire hack it's almost certainly not a fast hack. Try hooking it to the Yeti board and see if it functions. The timing won't be quite right and it might miss the first picture but for a second photo it should work.

All times are