Welcome Anonymous
Fledgling
Fledgling
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:04 pm

All times are

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:47 am 
King
King

I recently finished a couple of builds using the FS5. I can read the date and time on the back of the camera, but when I view any image on the computer there is no date or time, any suggestions as to why? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:25 am 
Emperor
Emperor

Search for "exif data apps" on the internet and download a freebie. You can also "get file information" in photoshop and probably other editing programs as well. On Macs you can read read some EXIF info in Finder. With the freebie apps you just load the entire folder, and the program will generate a list of the variables for each photo file. Most of the EXIF data apps out there were written for jpegs, and not video. For videos, I use GraphicConverter, which converts different file formats to whatever format you want. I think it costs about $30US. (Unfortunately I can't share the app that I use for jpegs, because it was privately programmed and the owner isn't up for sharing it.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:48 pm 
King
King

cameratrapcodger wrote:
Search for "exif data apps" on the internet and download a freebie. You can also "get file information" in photoshop and probably other editing programs as well. On Macs you can read read some EXIF info in Finder. With the freebie apps you just load the entire folder, and the program will generate a list of the variables for each photo file. Most of the EXIF data apps out there were written for jpegs, and not video. For videos, I use GraphicConverter, which converts different file formats to whatever format you want. I think it costs about $30US. (Unfortunately I can't share the app that I use for jpegs, because it was privately programmed and the owner isn't up for sharing it.)

Thanks for the reply, but l am still confused. I am only trying to view my images that are on my SD card on my computer, not on a website. Correct me if l am wrong but l would think that the date & time become part of the image, I cant see how the date and time can be removed from the image by simply looking at it on the computer........

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:
cameratrapcodger wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but l am still confused. I am only trying to view my images that are on my SD card on my computer, not on a website. Correct me if l am wrong but l would think that the date & time become part of the image, I cant see how the date and time can be removed from the image by simply looking at it on the computer........

I will take a try at this ... here is what I do Trevor ..

I put the SD card into a card reader then insert the card reader into the USB slot on my computer.

Then I click view, and then click large icons, and details pain as shown in the attached picture.

Once u click on a picture to view it will show a details to the right hand side and thus showing u the Date Taken which shows the date and time the picture was taken as shown in the attached picture. The details pane also shows you various other info such as camera model, ISO yada yada yada.

I use windows 10. Hope this is what you are looking for ... if not I am on the wrong track as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Thanks for the help, Daryl. The apps I mentioned just pull the EXIF data and compile it in a list, which is probably much more than you need. I do a spreadsheet for each set, and keep it as a record for future reference, but I delete the crumby images to save computer memory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:43 pm 
King
King

Yep, thanks Daryl that will find me the information l am looking for. HOWEVER I still dont understand why the information (date and time) is not on the image. I would have thought it was part of the image and cant be seperated from it. This is the first time l have seen this since digital cameras were invented.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:08 pm 
Emperor
Emperor

Yep, thanks Daryl that will find me the information l am looking for. HOWEVER I still dont understand why the information (date and time) is not on the image. I would have thought it was part of the image and cant be seperated from it. This is the first time l have seen this since digital cameras were invented.

Date and time stamps on each individual picture can be accomplished when using a Sony P41. It is in the P41’s camera settings. This I know. I have done it and it’s easy to do. As for the Panasonic FS5 I have not came across the option of being able to do this. With the P41 it’s a a camera function/option. Lots of people who hunt like this option. I don’t, even though I hunt, because of two reasons. I may want to save an outstanding image for printing and don’t want this info on the picture and cropping may not be an option AND I can always find this info via the way I have outlined previously. Man you guys from down under ask some tough questions... lol ..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:10 pm 
King
King

ghosthunters wrote:

Date and time stamps on each individual picture can be accomplished when using a Sony P41. It is in the P41’s camera settings. This I know. I have done it and it’s easy to do. As for the Panasonic FS5 I have not came across the option of being able to do this. With the P41 it’s a a camera function/option. Lots of people who hunt like this option. I don’t, even though I hunt, because of two reasons. I may want to save an outstanding image for printing and don’t want this info on the picture and cropping may not be an option AND I can always find this info via the way I have outlined previously. Man you guys from down under ask some tough questions... lol ..

Lol l have plenty more :rofll

All times are