My first attempt of the Milky Way.

Post Images Captured With Your Hand-Held Camera Here
Bones

Re: My first attempt of the Milky Way.

Post by Bones »

Predator 1 wrote:Great pic night photography is a lot of fun! What lens you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the Tokina 11-16mm, f2.8.... but I still haven't taken another Milky Way shot. Hopefully soon!
Nikon-CamTrapper

Post by Nikon-CamTrapper »

Just beautiful looking forward to your future pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pastorjim08

Post by pastorjim08 »

Great photo!

Blessings.........Pastorjim
Religion is mans attempt to get to a god. Christianity is God's attempt to get to mankind
west5trapper

Post by west5trapper »

Very nice!!! Love how much detail you were able to get!

The Tokina lens seems pretty nice too. I was looking for a wider angle lens for landscape photography and such, I might look into that lens. I usually try to stick with nikon lenses, but for the price, and what it has to offer, it's something I might seriously look into. It has great reviews on B&H too!

Out of curiosity what lens did you use to capture this image?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Thanks! I just used the 18-55mm kit lense for this pic. I really like the Tokina lense, bit I have yet to try to take a pic of the milky way with it. I think it’s getting to be too late in the year to see the milky way. I think they say peak time to see it, is around July.
west5trapper

Post by west5trapper »

Bones wrote:Thanks! I just used the 18-55mm kit lense for this pic. I really like the Tokina lense, bit I have yet to try to take a pic of the milky way with it. I think it’s getting to be too late in the year to see the milky way. I think they say peak time to see it, is around July.
Nice! Great results with just the 18-55mm lens.

Yes, I believe the Milky Way peaks around July. That's when I tried doing mine, but there was still way too much light pollution where I was. If you get around to trying it sometime in the summer, make sure you do a post because I (and I'm sure others) would love to see your results!