Stolen Cognisys Equipment

JamesBeissel

Stolen Cognisys Equipment

Post by JamesBeissel »

Just got cleaned out and had a whole set of Cognisys gear stolen. Camera Box, multiple flashes, and infrared sensor/receiver.
All of the equipment is locked out with a PIN, so it will be essentially useless to anyone who doesn't have the code.
Would appreciate a heads up if anyone sees anything out there.
cameratrapcodger

Re: Stolen Cognisys Equipment

Post by cameratrapcodger »

I am guessing your cameras are not insured. None of mine are either. It certainly can't hurt to report it to the police, just to see what the response is. The thief may try to pawn it, especially when he finds it doesn't work; so checking local pawn shops and Craig's List can't hurt either. Trying to recover stolen equipment is such a disruption. I feel for you, and wish you well in your efforts. Let is know what happens.
JamesBeissel

Post by JamesBeissel »

Insured, but debating whether to file a claim. Police report underway!
razvanalex

Post by razvanalex »

So sorry to hear that, hopefully, you will find it... Next time you can also put a GPS unit inside the camera box, under the foam, not being visible. There are plenty out there, the one I had good experiences with being TKSTAR905 having a good signal and long battery life. At least this way you have a great degree of chance to know where it landed, especially that you can set alerts when it moves out an area, shock, or overspeed.
ArthurV

Post by ArthurV »

That truly sucks. I hope you recover your gear and karma falls hard on those who took it.